Director, Incident Response
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Vice President of Partner Sales this role will be an integral member of the Sales leadership to identify and build relationships from a diverse list of privacy professionals and providers that serve as a referral network and lead generation source of live data breach incident opportunities. The referral network includes chief privacy officers, privacy attorneys, major law firms with a privacy practice / emphasis, cyber-insurance providers, health-care providers, forensic / security firms, etc.
Strategy, Vision and Leadership:
- Monitor data breach industry trends and inform the appropriate internal teams as to product and pricing market driven needs.
- Be available for breach incident response opportunities, 24/7 as needed.
- Extensive travel required -- building out the data breach referral network.
- Effectively manage the ‘sales process’ and respond instantly on the various technical and account services needs in connecting with a live breach incident.
- Enhance and execute go-to-market strategies that positon LifeLock as the dominate provider of identity protection related products and services.
- Develop an annual roadmap addressing sales, marketing, internal sales, external accounts, products and corporate communications. Details to include quarterly milestones and objectives.
- Support all marketing efforts including conference booth, marketing materials and help establish LifeLock as the chosen provider for breach related solutions.
- Through innovation and thought leadership, develop incremental revenue streams leveraging changing market demands for pre-breach agreements and supporting other aspects of the Symantec family including Symantec’s Incident Response team and Norton’s CBU client base.
- Manager all related breach related product needs, including letter-shop for notification letters, call center services for customized Q&As, etc.
- Have a working knowledge of the various breach related regulatory requirements in each of the 48 states that require breach notification and familiar with the various proposed legislative bills to directly impact notification and response requirements within data breach response.
- Interact with ID Analytics and Symantec executives in jointly executing a breach strategy with a special emphasis on what is expected from the world’s largest cyber security provider.
- Socialize LifeLock’s data breach response as the unique, customer acquisition channel for long term, retail LifeLock memberships.
- Oversee indirectly a robust “expiry” or conversion program – converting free LifeLock members to paid members, leveraging the internal marketing team
- Attend as an exhibitor the annual and semi-annual privacy conferences sponsored by the International Privacy Professional Association (IAPP).
- Speak as a a data breach response subject matter expert and representative of LifeLock at industry conferences, i.e., IAPP and Money2020, etc.
- Develop and manage the process to have LifeLock products listed on the GSA schedule for the US Government agency related breach events.
- Manager all GSA related contractual requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Sales or similar area required.
- Master’s in business administration is preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years experience in sales role in hi-tech and software a plus.
- Excellent business development, judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and close of large transaction.
- Strong mentoring, coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise.
- Superior management skills; ability to influence and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Sets a quality, results oriented vision.
- Collaborative, and proactive; a team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and administration initiatives.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively cover multiple operations topics.
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk at 1-800-497-2580 or by email at email@example.com.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination.Click here to find out more.
Encryption, Antivirus and Malware protection, eDiscovery, Identity Protection and Authentication, Information Protection, Cyber Security Services, Threat Protection
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+