Principal IT Specialist - Identity and Access Management, within Hybrid Cloud Infra. Services
Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC) is the global leader in cyber security. Operating one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks, we see more threats, and protect more customers from the next generation of attacks. We help companies, governments and individuals secure their most important data wherever it lives.
We make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses and governments protect and manage their information, so they can focus on achieving their goals.
The Hybrid Cloud Infrastructure Services Group within Symantec is looking to redefine itself as a model of innovation, delivering high value services to our customers through technology solutions. This cultural transformation will start with how we act, talk and collaborate with our customers and colleagues, in the pursuit of designing, implementing, and sustaining all of the processes, capabilities, products, and services that enable Symantec to realize its vision.
A major component of this cultural transformation is the way that the Identity and Access Management Services functional group members solves challenges associated with the IT services lifecycle. All Identity and Access Management Services members will be asked to approach all of our new service offerings with the following driving principles:
- All services must be thought of as comprehensive end to end business services that provide transparency to all of the components and metrics that make up the entire business service and not just specific subcomponents.
- All services must be agile, nimble, predictable, consistent and secure, with a keen focus on eliminating the mundane, to enable the members to focus on high value activities, while reducing the lead times for all new service offerings.
- All services must be part of an elastic ecosystem and self-maintaining, which can scale and contract with both forecast and non-forecast demands, while ensuring the operational sustaining costs are kept to a minimum.
The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with the other technology and process specialists in the team. The Principle IT Infrastructure Specialist for Identity and Access Management Services is expected to help analyze, build, amend and optimize the infrastructure to meet the business requirements of the organization with his/her main focus being on the support of Identity and Access Management Services and the operational support of these upon both a virtualized and physical platform.
The successful applicant will participate in the delivery of the ongoing operational support and improvement implementation efforts for the Identity and Access Management Services infrastructure. This will involve collaborating with teams both internal and external to the Identity and Access Management Services Team.
The successful applicant will help drive innovation and demonstrate this through leadership of how new IT Infrastructure management solutions can help ensure higher business productivity as it relates to the area of operational efficiency, such as optimization of operational support processes and decreasing the ongoing operational support hours associated with such management.
The person in this functional role as a primary focus will need to be knowledgeable in all aspects of operational support of, testing and implementation of complex Identity and Access Management Services and the associated management tool sets. They are expected to keep up to date with Identity and Access Management Tools for Windows, Linux/Unix and their associated tool sets, new products and technologies so that the infrastructure management needs Symantec can continue to be met.
- Assist the design, testing, support and implementation of the Identity and Access Management Tools and Services. Administration and management of Identity and Access Management Service components and the operational support of these environments for Symantec.
- Assist the business to meet their needs through the development of innovative methods to deliver solutions and to provide Operational Support utilizing Identity and Access Management Tools including Privileged Account Management (PAM) utilizing CyberArk Tool Set.
- Keeps up to date with new Identity and Access Management Technologies and their tools sets.
- Maintain, by testing and update accordingly, the Identity and Access Management Services (physical and virtual) infrastructure and to help in the development of automation solutions.
- Be able to troubleshoot and track down the root cause of a problem in the Identity and Access Management Services configurations. Be able to suggest and perform workarounds when no true fix exists.
- This person will be responsible for attending and contributing to service reviews for the features that are being implemented within the Identity and Access Management Services Team supported environments.
- Be able to work in a team geographically diverse team environment.
The Principal IT Infrastructure Specialist, within the Identity and Access Management Services organization must have extensive knowledge and experience with the following Tools and Services as part of their primary functional responsibilities:
- AD - Forest & DS
- AD Windows objects
- AD Group Policy
- AD Site & Services
- AD Domains & Trusts
- AD Application Partitions
- AD Management Tools – both native and 3rd party (Quest)
- Active Roles Server
- Authentication Services for Unix
- GPO Admin
- Recovery Manager for AD
- Change Auditor for AD
- Spotlight for AD
- LDAP –Directory Information Models
- LDAP – Authentication Methods and Security Mechanisms
- LDAP – String Representations of Distinguished Names and Search Filters
- Syntaxes and Matching Rules
- LDAP – Schema
Experience with the following tool sets is a plus
- Enterprise Password Vault – EPV
- Enterprise Disaster Recovery Password Vault – DR Vault
- Password Vault Web Access – PVWA
- Privileged Session Manager – PSM
- Central Policy Manager – CPM
Relentlessly protect the world’s information. Make a difference at Symantec. Across the globe, we are an ‘essential’ partner to both consumers and businesses of all sizes. We combine our talents, our brains, and our creative energy to reinforce our place as a world-class technical community.
Our most critical asset at Symantec is the talent we hire - you! We look for people who have a desire to excel and reflect our values: Innovation, Action, Customer-Driven, and Trust. We recognize that every opening in our company is a chance to increase Symantec's competitive advantage, and we are willing to invest in you in order to win.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Symantec will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Symantec, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk at 1-800-497-2580 or by email at email@example.com.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Symantec Corporation are protected under Federal law from discrimination.Click here to find out more.
Encryption, Antivirus and Malware protection, eDiscovery, Identity Protection and Authentication, Information Protection, Cyber Security Services, Threat Protection
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+
- Back-end Engineer Intern | Website Security
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Dir, Information Security Audit & Compliance (ID Analytics)
- Director, Incident Response
- Principal Information Security Analyst
- Security Assurance Manager / Princ InfoSec Analyst
- Sr Principal Information Security Analyst - SOC
- Sr Principal Information Security Analyst - SOC
- Sr Principal InfoSec Analyst - Penetration Testing
- Sr Product Manager - Security
- Sr. Cloud Security Engineer (AWS)
- Threat Analysis Engineer