Security Assessment Engineer
Technicolor, a worldwide technology leader in the media and entertainment sector, is at the forefront of digital innovation. Our world class research and innovation laboratories enable us to lead the market in delivering advanced video services to content creators and distributors. We also benefit from an extensive intellectual property portfolio focused on imaging technologies. Our commitment: supporting the delivery of exciting new experiences for consumers in theaters, homes and on-the-go.
With more than 1 million devices produced per week, Technicolor ranks among the world leading suppliers of digital content delivery services and home access devices, including set-top-boxes and gateways.
Security is a day-to-day concern for Technicolor. The main goal of the job is to anticipate new threats on Technicolor’s products and services, in a skilled team of security personnel, which operates as an internal security assessment team.
In coordination with your security peers and through interactions with a broader security community within the company, including Security Operations Center (SOC) and Research and Development correspondents, you will have opportunities to immediately contribute in a visible and vital role. You will seek for new security requirements and challenge their enforcement on applications/systems/products delivered by Technicolor.
Job will report to Technicolor Security Office / Vice President Business Security, attached to Corporate Chief Security Officer.
- Explore new cyber threats on Technicolor applications / systems / products.
- Perform security assessments according to the standard best practices.
- Contribute to the technical operations of a global security analysis & response team dealing with security assessment of Technicolor products and IT systems, vulnerability management and incident response.
- Contribute to estimate risk impacts of new threats and vulnerabilities.
- Contribute to animation of the internal security social network, improving global security awareness.
- Propose subjects of internal studies on new threats and vulnerabilities.
Skills Required (theoretical and practical knowledge of)
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies and concepts quickly
- Unix/Linux, Windows, iOS, Android and other operating systems
- Networking experience/knowledge and understanding of networking protocols and services (e.g. FTP, HTTP, SSH, SMB, LDAP)
- Skills on methods used for exploits, vulnerabilities, network attacks
- Experience with packet analysis tools & analyzing their output (e.g. tcpdump, Wireshark)
- Use of regular expressions, database query syntax, scripting languages
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Security, Information Security, Information Technology, or Mathematics or equivalent experience
- Candidate testing will be administered
Technicolor is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state or local law.
Entertainment Multimedia & Motion Pictures Services TechnologyInnovation
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+