Senior Platform Engineer - Information Security
We are looking for a highly motivated engineer specializing in network, systems or application security to defend Tesla’s information, infrastructure and products.
Other car companies have talked for years about a future of "connected cars." At Tesla, we make it happen. We regularly send over-the-air software updates to our Model S and Model X fleet, seamlessly delivering new features and improvements to our customers. Our mobile applications allow customers to interact with their cars via real-time, low-latency two-way communication. We also build tools for our internal sales, delivery, and service teams. Today we remotely identify potential vehicle issues before a customer does—and often fix problems remotely too. To this end information and product security is of the utmost importance.
As an Information Security Engineer you will be expected to be skilled at identifying security gaps in infrastructure and process, effectively execute projects/initiatives to address them, demonstrate excellent judgment, prioritization and communication of technical security risks, and act as a security liaison supporting business units.
- Defend the company's information, networks, systems, applications and products.
- Track and provide project management for ongoing Information Security initiatives.
- Work with business groups to establish security requirements for projects and operations.
- Work with engineering teams to implement the right security policies for servers, clients, and network devices.
- Review and contribute to system architecture throughout the development lifecycle, identify and mitigate security risks.
- Conduct security assessments and scans to identify vulnerabilities, recommend and prioritize remediation actions.
- Analyze security data and report on system security status across various platforms and environments.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Expert in one or more of: web application security, network security, Windows or Linux system security.
- Solid experience in enterprise information security in large technology firms.
- Excellent understanding and experience in multiple security domains such as platform hardening, vulnerability management, penetration testing, applied cryptography, network/application traffic control.
- Proficient in one or more general purpose development languages such as Python, Ruby and Java.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO): Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
innovation in electric cars
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+