Product & Information Security Internship/Co-Op (Spring 2018)
As an Intern within the Product & Information Security you will have the opportunity to work on strategies for managing the processes, tools and policies necessary to prevent, detect, document and counter threats to digital and non-digital information and product. The Intern will work within one of the following teams: Red Team, Product Security, Detection and Infrastructure Security. Specific project assignments and required technical aptitude will vary based on the needs of the individual hiring team.
Team Overview and Responsibilities
Red Team- Is responsible for testing websites, servers and network infrastructure. The Red team works with engineering team to address security concerns found. The team also conducts vulnerability research and developing exploits. In addition, they handle the bug bounty program reports of vulnerabilities.
Product Security- Is responsible for working with the engineering teams to add layers of security to Tesla products. They also consult with engineering teams to develop new features and functionality (to make it as secure as possible). In addition, they audit source code and build tools to help test for security holes and regressions.
Detection- Is responsible to detect and respond to attacks against the company’s information, network, systems, applications and products. The team also works with engineering teams to develop threat detection signals and incident reports. In addition, the team also performs digital forensics, malware analysis and participate in incident response functions
Infrastructure Security-Is responsible for hardening our clients, servers and networks against exploitation and privilege escalation. The team also works with business and engineering groups to provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication, and network and systems security. In addition, the team conducts security assessments of corporate, manufacturing and cloud infrastructure to identify vulnerabilities, and recommend and prioritize remediation actions.
Your application will be considered by our recruiters for all opportunities at Headquarters in Palo Alto, CA, Tesla Factory in Fremont, CA and Gigafactory in Sparks, NV.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Currently working towards a BS, MS, or other graduate degree in a relevant engineering program including, but not limited to: Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Information Systems
- Proficient in one or more general purpose development languages such as Python, Ruby, Go, C, Java, bash, or PowerShell.
- Experience with operating systems internals and hardening (Linux, OS X, and Windows)
- AWS and Cloud Security knowledge
- You must be self-managed and committed to working in a fast-paced environment.
- Professional and positive communication skills.
- Previous internship and/or project experience is a plus.
- Ability to relocate to the Bay Area, California.
innovation in electric cars
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+