Security Manager, Intrusion Detection
We are looking for a highly motivated Security Engineering Manager to lead our Security Analyst team in security monitoring, forensics or incident response to defend Tesla’s information, infrastructure and products.
Other car companies have talked for years about a future of "connected cars." At Tesla, we make it happen. We regularly send over-the-air software updates to our Model S and Model X fleet, seamlessly delivering new features and improvements to our customers. Our mobile applications allow customers to interact with their cars via real-time, low-latency two-way communication. We also build tools for our internal sales, delivery, and service teams. Today we remotely identify potential vehicle issues before a customer does—and often fix problems remotely too. To this end information and product security is of the utmost importance.
As an Intrusion Detection Manager you will be expected to be skilled at detecting, investigating and responding to security threats and attacks. You will have ultimate responsibility to defend Tesla against attack and will participate in the development, deployment and analysis of new detection methods and goals.
- Lead / Manager Tesla's Intrusion Detection team.
- Detect and respond to attacks against the company's information, networks, systems, applications and products.
- Work with engineering teams to develop threat detection signals and incident response plans.
- Execute projects to improve security event collection, detection, analysis, correlation and response.
- Participate in a rotation to analyze and investigate active threats against the company.
- Perform digital forensics, malware analysis and participate in incident response functions.
- Analyze security data and report on threats and incidents across various platforms and environments.
- BS/MS/PhD in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or the equivalent in experience and evidence of exceptional ability.
- Extensive experience architecting complex, highly distributed real-time embedded systems.
- Expert in one or more of: security monitoring, forensics and incident response.
- Solid experience in threat analysis or response in large technology firms.
- Excellent understanding and experience in multiple security domains such as intrusion detection, security logging, malware analysis, and forensics.
- Proficient in one or more general purpose development languages such as Python, Ruby and Java.
Equal Employment Opportunity statement (EEO):
Tesla Motors is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, age, sex, ancestry, marital status, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, medical condition, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
innovation in electric cars
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+