Senior Cyber Security Analyst - Vulnerability Management
The senior security analyst will provide subject matter expertise in vulnerability lifecycle management and information security assessments across the organization. This position balances business priorities, information security risks, emerging threats, and best practice security architecture to ensure confidentiality, integrity and availability of business-critical IT assets. In addition, this individual will facilitate information risk related discussions while working with system administrators and key business partners to remediate discovered vulnerabilities.
- Executing the vulnerability lifecycle management strategy across the organization;
- Configuring, scheduling and executing vulnerability scans, and delivering scan reports;
- Establishing relationships with system owners and business process partners for the purposes of ensuring that identified vulnerabilities are remediated in accordance to established timelines;
- Working with cross functional teams and internal users to enforce technical security standards by providing assistance in applying established standards to projects;
- Undertaking infrastructure threat and vulnerability assessments to identify specific security exposures and prioritize remediation activities;
- Producing and delivering metrics – KPIs and KRIs – that show effectiveness of vulnerability management efforts;
- Researching the threat landscape to keep abreast of vulnerabilities specific to the organization’s IT environment;
- Collaborating with appropriate technical partners to identify, assess, and remediate highest priority system vulnerabilities in a timely manner;
- Planning and executing risk remediation activities to include development of practical cost effective controls and/or solutions;
- Acting as information security subject matter expert whilst participating in projects that are delivering or changing IT systems;
- Executing ad-hoc information security tasks as required by information security leadership
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Technology, Computer Science or any related field of study is required
- Minimum of 7 years’ diversified IT experience is required
- Minimum of 5 years’ information security experience is preferred
- Must possess or be working towards at least one professional information security certification (e.g., CCNA Security, CISSP, SANS, CEH and so on)
- Working knowledge of a formal/structured information security risk assessment methodology is preferred
See What Its Like At Tesoro:
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78261 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Job Segment: Cisco, Manager, Cyber Security, Marketing Manager, Technology, Security, Management, Marketing
Refining and marketing petroleum products
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000