Senior Cyber Security Analyst
The Senior Security Analyst delivers highly technical analytical capabilities essential to Security Operations and Incident Response. The skills include the leveraging various technologies to detect, contain and eradicate malware and unauthorized access to Tesoro business productivity systems and information. The position requires the analyst to collaborate cross-functionally throughout IT, managed security services providers, and contractors to meet the commitments of this role.
- Protect and control access to data, systems, and networks.
- Detect unwanted attempts at accessing, manipulating, and/or disabling of information systems using a variety of tools, techniques, and methodologies to defend against system and network intrusions.
- Implement and administer technologies such as: IDS & IPS, Web Proxies, DLP, SIEM, A/V, Advance Threat Detection, Threat Intel, and Firewalls.
- Resolve or escalate security incidents and service requests in line with established service level targets and assume ownership of, and provide; monitoring, tracking and communication of security incidents and requests.
- Interpret network traffic and system events to identify threats and/or rule out anomalous activity.
- Support all phases of the Incident Response Life Cycle: Preparation, Detection & Analysis, Containment Eradication & Recovery, and Post-Incident
- Identify indicators of compromise and design detection/blocking profiles in IDS/ IPS, firewalls, web proxies and advance threat detection platforms.
- Provides technical support for forensics services to include evidence seizure, computer forensic analysis and recovery, in support of computer investigations.
- Minimum undergraduate degree in Computer Science or any related field of study is required
Minimum 3 years of experience as an incident handler.
Professional certifications in any of the related areas of cyber security (e.g., CISSP, SANS/GICA, or other Security specific certifications)
See What Its Like At Tesoro:
Tesoro Corporation, a Fortune 100 company, is a leading independent refiner and marketer of petroleum products with a strategically focused presence in the western United States. Tesoro, through our subsidiaries, owns and operates seven refineries with a combined capacity of over 895,000 barrels per day. Our retail-marketing system includes over 2,400 retail stations under the ARCO®, Shell®, Exxon®, Mobil®, USA Gasoline™, Rebel™ and Tesoro® brands. Our full-service logistics business, a master limited partnership formed by Tesoro Corporation as Tesoro Logistics LP (TLLP), owns and operates 4,000 miles of crude oil, refined products and natural gas pipelines; 29 crude oil and refined products truck and marine terminals; 15 million barrels of storage capacity; two crude oil rail facilities; and four natural gas processing complexes. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, our operations span 18 states.
Our strength lies in our investment in employees and in their future. We measure success not only by the products we bring to our customers, or the financial results we deliver to our shareholders, but also by remaining true to our core values of safety and environmental stewardship, respect and integrity.
Discover your strengths and invest in your future by applying today.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Vet / Disability
Posting Notes: || San Antonio || Texas || United States (US) || SF:LI-JR-2 || |Information Technology || 78259 ||
Nearest Major Market: San Antonio
Refining and marketing petroleum products
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000