Cyber Security Engineer
We are looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to provide technical support in engineering and researching cyber solutions for Aerospace internal and external customers in all segments of space systems across multiple functional areas including strategic and tactical military satellite communications and ground network systems. The candidate will provide information assurance and cyber security technical leadership to internal and external Aerospace customers. The Cyber Security Engineer will provide information assurance and cyber security technical leadership. In this position you will participate in collaboration with program offices, government agencies such as National Reconnaissance Office (NRO), National Security Agency (NSA), Air Force Research Laboratory (AFRL), etc., other FFRDCs, and contractors.
- Apply current computer, network, cyber and communications security technologies in the design, analysis and evaluation of secure networks and computer systems.
- Participate in working groups and engineering teams addressing a wide range of issues including firewalls, network security, trusted products, wireless security and system penetration and vulnerability analysis of various information security products and technologies.
- Participate in projects involving one or more of the following areas:
- Internet of Things (IoT)
- Cyber Physical System (CPS)
- Program Protection Planning (PPP)
- Risk management Framework (RMF)
- Cyber system trade-off studies for various system designs or protocols
- Validation of network system requirements
- Provide recommendations on network architectures and solutions based on technical performance assessments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, cyber engineering or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Five or more years of increasingly responsible experience
- Information Assurance Experience
- Wireless & networking security experience
- Cyber security systems.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibits exceptionally high level of innovation, creativeness, and initiative
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers
- This position requires the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the U.S. government. U.S. citizenship is required to obtain a security clearance.
- An advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering, cyber engineering or an appropriate technical discipline from a recognized institution
- Information assurance for DoD and intelligence community (IC) systems experience
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, other government agencies, FFRDC staff and contractor personnel.
- Current TS/SSBI
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MEMBR-TCH STF SR
Clearance Requirement: TS/SSBI
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
The Aerospace Corporation
From our inception, our highly skilled technical people have focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our insight and involvement in space programs has significantly reduced the risk of launch failure and increased both satellite endurance and performance. Avoiding a single catastrophic failure resulting in the loss of operational capabilities can save the government more than three times the total annual Aerospace FFRDC budget.
We don't manufacture anything. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our involvement spans all facets of space systems: including systems engineering, testing, analysis, and development; acquisition support; launch readiness and certification; anomaly resolution; and the application of new technologies for existing and next-generation space systems. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Company Type: Non Profit
Company Size: 1,001-5000