Senior Security Engineer- Blue Team
Brand: The Home Depot
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job Type: Corporate/Other
Category: Information Technology
Posted Date: June 8, 2017
The Senior Security Engineer- Blue Team will work directly for the Network Perimeter Managers of Information Security to determine weekly or on demand penetration test and vulnerability assessment objectives. Various Network devices such as Juniper & Palo Alto Firewalls, NAC, Web Gateways and API gateways environment, social engineering and phishing campaigns will be performed during the exercise. We are looking for candidates who are highly organized, can work independently in a fast-paced environment and produce multiple quality deliverables within defined deadlines. Candidates should be self-starters and creative problem solvers and have the flexibility to learn new products and technologies quickly.
The Senior Systems Engineer develops, maintains, and supports The Home Depot’s technical infrastructure that includes network, hardware, database, and system software components. The Sr. Systems Engineer is responsible for collaborating with and enabling product teams with infrastructure. Sr. Systems Engineers are expected to leverage tooling and custom applications to monitor and optimize performance. In addition, Sr. Systems Engineers may be involved in routine upgrades and application support as well as root cause and post-mortem analyses around security incidents and service interruptions. As a Sr. Systems Engineer, you will be able to operate independently, though typically working as part of a team with varying skillsets.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
10% – Planning & Analysis:
- Researches and analyzes business trends and behavioral data to identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives
- Drives the evaluation, development, and recommendation of specific technology products and platforms to provide cost-effective solutions that meet business and technology requirements
- Researches and designs best fit infrastructure, network, database, and security architectures for products
30% – Delivery & Execution:
- Drives configuration, debugging, and support for infrastructure
- Drives field and corporate roll-outs of technology
- Drives the stand up of necessary system software, hardware, and equipment (physical or virtual) to meet changing infrastructure needs
50% – Support & Enablement:
- Collaborates with product and project teams to understand needs and enable them with infrastructure
- Supports technology architecture design review efforts for project and product teams
- Leverages tooling and custom applications to monitor the operational status of applications, infrastructure, networks, databases, and security; optimizes and tunes performance as appropriate
- Drives root cause analysis, debugging, support, and post-mortem analysis for security incidents and service interruptions
- Maintains, upgrades, and supports existing systems and infrastructure to ensure operational stability
- Opens and manages vendor problem tickets to resolution
- Drives the production of in-house documentation around solutions
- Monitors tools and proactively helps teams struggling with systems issues
- Provides application support for software running in production
- Creates scripts and tools that drive automation and enable product teams and end users to move towards self service
10% – Learning:
- Keeps abreast of innovations and industry trends as well as changes to internal systems and determines how they impacts tools, training, and support necessary to keep systems up, running, and secure
- Participates in and contributes to learning activities around modern systems engineering core practices (communities of practice)
- Proactively views articles, tutorials, and videos to learn about new technologies and best practices being used within other technology organizations
NATURE AND SCOPE
- Typically reports to the Systems Engineer Manager or Sr. Manager.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Additional Environmental Job Requirements: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 1 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Strong understanding of the Ethical Hacker processes and procedures in a high security environment.
- Minimum of 4 years performing Ethical Hacker/Blue Team/penetration testing and vulnerability assessments.
- Expert level experience working with tools such as; Tenable Nessus, Saint, Cobalt Strike, Acunetix, MetaSploit, Burp Suite, Splunk, QRadar, etc.
- Organize and write supporting documents/artifacts describing penetration testing and vulnerability assessment activities (including detailed rules-of-engagement documents and step-by-step procedures)
- Create documentation on specific remediation steps to close vulnerabilities or mitigate risk to acceptable levels
- Revise documents and artifacts as tactics and technics evolve to address new and emergent threats and trends
- Work with network Security engineers to provide training on remediation and avoiding future vulnerabilities
- EC-COUNCIL CERTIFIED ETHICAL HACKER (CEH)
- GIAC CERTIFIED FORENSIC ANALYST CERTIFICATION (GCFA)
- GIAC CERTIFIED INCIDENT HANDLER (GCIH)
- CISCO SECURING CISCO NETWORKS WITH THREAT DETECTION AND ANALYSIS (SCYBER)
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
Action Oriented: Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives
Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences
Cultivates Innovation: Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances
Global Perspective: Taking a broad view when approaching issues; using a global lens
Interpersonal Savvy: Relating openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
Manages Ambiguity: Operating effectively, even when things are not certain or the way forward is not clear
Nimble Learning: Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures as learning fodder
Self-Development: Actively seeing new ways to grow and be challenged using both formal and informal development channels
Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
The Home Depot
retail, home improvement, customer service
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+