Manager, SW Security Development and Engineering
BRING YOUR PASSION...
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond, VA. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted “Answer Company” in the market.
The Manager of Security Development and Engineering is responsible for analyzing, designing, building, testing, implementing and/or maintaining multiple system components or applications for Thomson Reuters. Work with team members to gather and interpret user/system requirements into design specifications, as directed. Design and code applications to functional and technical programming standards. Develop system specifications and interfaces for components. Create operational documentation for the application. Provide primary support for installation of application releases into production. Maintain applications according to SLAs. Work across the SDLC on engineering solutions for new system roll-outs, major/ minor enhancements, and/or ongoing maintenance of existing applications. Understand strategic direction set by management as it relates to team goals.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors in Computer Science, Engineering or related field required
- 5+ years of related experience.
- At least 3+ years in leading a team of developers
- Experience leading implementation of technology initiatives; including planning, visioning, and execution
- Deep working knowledge of REST / APIs
- SCRUM / Agile process knowledge
- Python / Django experience (or similar)
- Frontend framework knowledge (Angular, node.js, etc.)
- Relation Database knowledge (MySQL, Postgresql, SQL Server, etc.)
- Detail-oriented, resourceful and able to manage shifting priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Ability to positively and effectively interact with internal and external customers
- Ability to work well with others in a collaborative team environment
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Certified Information Security Systems Professional (CISSP)
- Understanding of IT security concepts including, defense in depth, least privilege, access control, prevention, detection, vulnerability risk and threat and incident response
- Understanding of IT security technologies including, network security, user authentication, firewalls, intrusion prevention, advance persistent threat, data loss prevention, vulnerability scanning, endpoint protection, network protection, remote access, web filtering
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
United States of America-Virginia-Richmond-USA-Richmond-919 East Main
We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges (symbol: TRI).
Intelligent Information, Accounting, Legal, Financial, Tax, Media, Technology, and News
Company Size: 10,001+