Senior Platform Security Engineer
BRING YOUR PASSION...
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world's businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets, powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters is looking for a few highly skilled cyber security specialists to help staff a new location in the central business district of downtown Richmond. This new facility will be home to a number of critical cyber security disciplines, designed to improve the overall security posture of Thomson Reuters – including its assets, data and operations. Be part of an exciting, fast-paced environment that will help Thomson Reuters strengthen its position as the trusted “Answer Company” in the market.
The role is within Platform Security Strategy & Operations team of our Information Security Risk Management (ISRM) group. The PSSO team is responsible for the design, engineering and 3rd level support of Thomson Reuters’ platform security infrastructure and tools. You will have the opportunity to learn - and provide skilled technical support - for our current platform security toolset as well as engagement in the design, testing and delivery of our future security services within the technical operations environment.
- Consulting with our internal partners to define and apply security services that meet their needs.
- Design and engineering of endpoint protection tools such as: Trend anti-virus, McAfee anti-virus. Data Loss Prevention (DLP). Deep Security Manager and encryption tools, e.g. Vormetric and Symantec FDE.
- Operational 3rd line support, e.g. Responding to raised alerts, troubleshooting, root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- Liaising with vendor partners to engineer solutions to meet TR requirements.
Other responsibilities will include:
- Collaborate with the other IT disciplines inside the larger organization, including network engineering, storage engineering, systems management engineering, and platform engineering to provide consultancy for security-related issues.
- Design and engineer future security products/solutions as defined by ISRM requirements.
- Lead strategic design and implementation of solutions
- Life-cycle management of security tools.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years experience managing/supporting at least 2 of the above tools within an enterprise environment.
- Systems administration experience in Windows Server and/or Linux.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure is an advantage.
- Good understanding of basic TCP/IP principles and current LAN technology including use of system based Network Capture utilities.
- Excellent customer service and communication (oral / written) skills required.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience with Storage technologies, Monitoring tools, and Microsoft SQL.
- Scripting experience (vbscript, powershell, etc.)
- Knowledge of and experience with virtualization platforms a plus ( VMware, Hyper V)
Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
United States of America-Virginia-Richmond-USA-Richmond-919 East Main
United States of America-Minnesota-Eagan-USA-Eagan-610 Opperman Dr
We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
Thomson Reuters shares are listed on the Toronto and New York Stock Exchanges (symbol: TRI).
Intelligent Information, Accounting, Legal, Financial, Tax, Media, Technology, and News
Company Size: 10,001+