Cloud Security Architect
The Turner Story
Turner is a division of Time Warner along with our sister companies, HBO and Warner Bros. We are better known as the folks who bring you CNN, HLN, TCM, TNT, TBS, Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, Turner Sports and so much more! From cutting-edge breaking news stories, up-to-the-minute sports coverage, and the characters we grew up loving on to the shows we love today, Turner continues to be the gold standard in first class television programming and a demonstrated leader in digital content. We tell the stories the world wants to hear. Won’t you be a part of our story? http://www.turner.com/
See what it’s like to work at Turner! Follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
What part will you play?
The Cloud Security Architect will provide hands-on technical engineering and ownership of Turner's growing cloud security program. The Architect will work closely with various development and operations teams to build secure and robust systems for serving all of Turner internationally. A combination of technical acumen and creative thinking is necessary to address matter of threat identification and mitigation. Unlike other security organizations, a consultative and collaborative mindset is of paramount importance. While this job does not have formal personnel management responsibilities, the Cloud Security Architect is expected to lead and mentor team members and those in other technical roles who are critical to the successful deliver of Turner's holistic Information Security strategy.
What will you be doing?
- Serve as the subject matter expert (SME) on Cloud Security for Turner globally
- Develops standards, policies, and procedures as well as best practices documentation
- Participate in working groups that tailor the company's security policies and standards for use in cloud environments
- Translate security and technical requirements into business requirements, and communicate security risks to different audiences ranging from business leaders to engineers.
- Design technical solutions which include creating prototypes and proofs of concept while maintaining a security mindset
- Lead and influence multi-disciplinary teams in implementing and operating cyber security controls
- Work closely with application developers and system administrators to deliver creative solutions to complex technology challenges and business requirements
- Provide security architecture and systems engineering consulting to other IT and business teams
- Automate security controls, data and processes to provide better metrics and operational support
- Utilize cloud-based API's when appropriate to write network/system level tools for security cloud environments
- Stay current on emerging security threats, vulnerabilities, and controls
- Evaluates new technologies against established requirements and validate the security of the technology
- Create technical and managerial level reports and risk assessments for Cloud based applications and infrastructure
- Identify processes/procedures for how to handle a cloud security event, including forensic isolation and mitigation with Digital Forensics and Incident Response teams
- Identify new security threats by conducting continual monitoring, penetration testing, vulnerability assessments and log analysis
- At least 5 years' experience in information technology with a minimum 2 years in Information Security or cloud engineering
- Must have experience with virtualization (cloud or non-cloud)
- Some experience working with Information Security programs
- Experience deploying automated AWS infrastructure using AWS CloudFormation and AWS Python SDK
- Experience working with multiple AWS accounts and several VPCs in each account and managing the monitoring of security settings at an enterprise level
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure, security architecture, and standards
- Deep technical knowledge of Amazon Web Services and/or Microsoft Azure
- Able to demonstrate clear understanding of current threats to Cloud Infrastructure and/or IT infrastructures at technical and managerial levels
- Able to automate/script daily tasks through Python, bash, or equivalent
- Paid time off every year to volunteer
- 2016 Best Company for Working Mothers
- An in-house learning and development team to help shape and grow your career
- Part of the Time Warner family of powerhouse brands
Turner Broadcasting System, Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers and E-Verify users. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Time Warner Inc.
Media and Entertainment
Company Size: 10,001+