Senior Embedded Systems Security Engineer (Mobile Device Security)
This is an exciting opportunity to join TracFone’s Mobile Device Security team in Miami. Our Mobile Device Security team is searching for a Sr. Embedded Systems Security Engineer who will serve as a technical engineering subject matter expert in embedded systems security to be utilized primarily for mobile device security products and solutions development functions and tasks. The focus will be on developing, analyzing, and evaluating technologies for secure embedded systems at various levels: hardware and software architecture, systems, subsystems, components, and interfaces. The selected candidate will work as part of a team to conduct research and development in the areas of security, hacking, mobile O/S and applications (Android, iOS), and information assurance of embedded systems to stay ahead of the industry trends.
Members of the TracFone Mobile Device Security team are creative, motivated self-starters who share a common passion for helping to solve complex mobile device security problems. We are a diverse group of engineering and computer science personnel who firmly believe we can be a leader in mobile device security. We are looking for someone to develop innovative technologies that enable new capabilities in these areas to address existing and emerging company needs. We are a growing team and seek like-minded individuals who want to work on challenging problems in a fast-paced, supportive, and flexible environment.
- Perform mobile device security assessments across various products, platforms, and services from hardware and software architecture, systems, subsystems, components, and interface levels.
- Assist in ensuring maximum security per expectations is delivered on all products at Lab Entry.
- Work closely will all handset manufacturers to provide verification of TracFone security requirements.
- Identify and help fix issues of concern during product and services development via effective collaboration with multiple teams.
- Report on strengths and vulnerabilities of security feature(s)/solution(s).
- Provide alternate designs for security feature(s)/solution(s).
- Review and define TracFone mobile device security requirements.
- Work closely with mobile device security engineering testing teams to ensure test plans are in accordance with security requirements.
- Sync with mobile device security engineering testing teams to ensure relevant findings via testing and/or hacking are properly analyzed and incorporated.
- Handle technical account management duties with handset manufacturers.
- Provide subject matter expert (SME) support to internal (Mobile Device Security, Product Development Group, etc.) and external (handset manufacturers, chipset vendors, etc) parties
Maintain expert knowledge in the field of mobile security & hacking and the related issues, systems, processes, products, and services via extensive research and collaboration
- Provide technical white papers and presentations as a result of research & development efforts.
- Handle the rapidly increasing complexity of platforms and technologies.
- Participate as the mobile devise security technical expert in department and company projects/initiatives.
- Maintain expert knowledge in the field of mobile security and hacking and the related issues, systems, processes, products, and services via extensive research and collaboration.
- Provide training to Mobile Device Security team internally on new platforms and technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science. Master’s Degree is a plus.
- 4+ years experience in the following:
- Must have utilized excellent embedded systems architecture understanding to perform a detailed analysis of software and hardware features in order to secure mobile and/or embedded devices.
- Security analysis with an emphasis in any of the following areas: vulnerability assessment, static/dynamic code analysis, fuzzing, penetration testing, cryptographic algorithms and implementation or security research
- Devising hacking scenarios in context of latest industry hacking trends to expose security flaws in an embedded systems environment.
- Feasibility analysis and risk assessment of proposed solutions/fixes in an embedded system environment.
- Working multiple stake holders and cross-functional teams in order to conduct security reviews, technical presentations and workshops.
- Conducting research and development activities in order to further company and departmental initiatives.
- Interfacing and collaborating with cross-functional teams via excellent written and verbal communication skill.
- 2+ years experience in:
- Hands on experience working in an embedded system environment.
- Hands on experience with software development in an embedded environment with a focus in any of the following areas: kernel driver, hardware-software interface, mobile O/S and application development (Android, iOS), testing & troubleshooting in C, C++, Objective C, or Java.
- Hands on experience with technical requirements gathering, verification/validation planning, compliance assessment and reporting.
- Working with test plans to ensure they are in compliance with requirements.
- Preferred experience in any combination of the following:
- SoC design cycle, including architecture, HW design, verification, and SW development.
- Communication protocols at chip, board, and system levels.
- Co-design and integration of software and hardware, IP cores, system-on-chip design and verification.
- Multi core/multi thread/IPC computing.
- Development environments for embedded systems- cross-compilation, debug tools, ICE, JTAG etc.
- Wireless communication standards, systems and protocols (3GPP/3GPP2 cellular systems, CDMA/GSM/UMTS/UMB/LTE, Bluetooth, 802.11, UICC).
- Development of mobile debugging or forensic tools.
- ARM TrustZone, Trusted Computing Group, Trusted Platform Module, Trusted Execution Environment.
- Qualcomm baseband platforms.
- MTK baseband platforms.
- Secure coding & secure development life cycle.
- Hacking and/or reverse engineering.
- Researching & publishing technical articles, white papers, or similar content in regards to embedded systems or mobile devices.
Job Location: Miami, Florida, United States
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
TracFone Wireless' formula for success is simple — exclusive focus on prepaid cell phones and service. Unlike most prepaid providers, TracFone Wireless does not require its customers to enter into a service contract. TracFone Wireless customers enjoy the freedom TracFone has to offer — No Bills, No Contracts, No Surprises — you are in control. Prepaid is all TracFone Wireless does and with over 23 million subscribers, TracFone Wireless does it better than anybody else.
TracFone Wireless believes that cell phone ownership is a right and an important tool for individual success in today's world. Everyone should have a cell phone without the need for a contract or a high credit rating. People should have the right to always know what their cell phone service will cost and no one should have to pay more than they want or can afford. TracFone Wireless believes in making the cost to own & maintain a cell phone as low as possible and TracFone Wireless never charges extra fees to activate your service.
TracFone Wireless is glad to lead the movement in the U.S. to make cell phone service available to everyone. TracFone Wireless invests hundreds of millions of dollars every year to reduce the prices of our cell phones and make them affordable for all.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 501-1000