Innovate. Create. Inspire.
This role is a senior member of the TransUnion Global Threat Operations Center, which includes incident response analysts as well as folks responsible for threat hunting and technical threat research. This role will be primarily engaged in network threat hunting and research activities along with providing support to advanced incident investigations.
The position is located in Chicago with a flexible schedule including the ability to work from home 1-2 days per week. This is a growing team and this position will have a significant role in shaping it.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Perform threat hunting activities across the network leveraging intelligence from multiple internal and external sources
- Conduct proactive technical research into malware, tactics, and infrastructure of threats to TransUnion
- Lead response and investigation efforts into advanced/targeted attacks
- Build custom threat detection rules
- Design and build custom tools for investigations, hunting, and research
- Assist in the design, evaluation, and implementation of new security technologies
What You’ll Bring:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in incident response and/or threat hunting and research
- Experience identifying, investigating, and responding to complex attacks
- Strong understanding of threat landscape in terms of the tools, tactics, and techniques of threats employing both commodity and custom malware
- Knowledge of dynamic malware analysis tools and techniques
- Intermediate Python skills a plus
What We Offer
This is an exciting time in TransUnion’s history. With investments in our people, technology and new business markets, we are redefining the role and purpose of a credit bureau. We are acquiring new businesses, launching new products, and expanding our services to businesses and consumers worldwide.
The future has never looked brighter for our associates. We work hard to offer our team members meaningful work experiences to promote professional growth, and to provide an enjoyable place to work with competitive benefits, a healthy work/life balance, and a friendly, casual culture.
Work Locations | Chicago 60661
Organization | GT - Information Security
Schedule | Full-time
Shift | Day Job
Job Type | Standard
Information is a powerful thing. At TransUnion, we are dedicated to finding innovative ways information can be used to help people make better and smarter decisions. As a trusted provider of global information solutions, our mission is to help people around the world access the opportunities that lead to a higher quality of life, by helping organizations optimize their risk-based decisions and enabling consumers to understand and manage their personal information. Because when people have access to more complete and multidimensional information, they can make more informed decisions and achieve great things.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability status, veteran status, marital status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
credit and information management
Company Type: Public Company