Privacy Legal Externship
TRUSTe is seeking highly motivated law students with a passion for data privacy to join its Global Privacy Solutions team. The externs will assist members of the team by evaluating and helping to advise clients on their privacy practices, researching evolving regulatory and industry standards, and have the opportunity to help draft internal and external documents based on the extern’s research.
Externs will have the opportunity to work with subject matter experts at the forefront of data privacy. Externs will also have the opportunity to work with TRUSTe products, attend regular team meetings, company and team events, and help shape their growth as privacy professionals.
TRUSTe is located in San Francisco next to the Powell Street BART station and one mile from the Caltrain station on Fourth and King.
- Obtain a firm grasp over TRUSTe’s certification standards and international and domestic data privacy laws and regulations.
- Communicate with clients’ legal, marketing, and engineering representatives in a professional and timely manner.
- Verify the implementation of clients’ approved privacy statements, internal policies, and other TRUSTe requirements on online digital properties.
- Draft, parse and red-line clients’ privacy statements.
- Conduct policy research and provide findings memos.
- Collaborate with internal TRUSTe departments to resolve customer issues and improve solutions.
- Currently enrolled law student
- Demonstrated interest in privacy law
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information
- Professional demeanor in communicating with clients
Good to Have:
- Prior experience in data privacy or security
- Knowledge of the mobile ecosystem, internet marketing strategies, and emerging markets
- Knowledge of internet tracking technologies such as cookies
- Experience working with websites and web based technologies
- Externs must be available to work out of our San Francisco office an average of three days a week dependent on hour requirements below:
- For Fall/Spring - Externs must be available to work at least 16 hours per week.
- For Summer - Externs must be available to work at least 20 hours per week.
TrustArc is the market leader in Data Privacy Management solutions - enabling businesses to use customer data to power their online channels (websites, apps, ads, etc.). Our market is growing rapidly, driven by increased global compliance requirements and consumer privacy concerns. We are best known for the green “certified privacy” seal you have seen on thousands of websites worldwide, and also offer a cloud-based Data Privacy Management Platform and consulting services. Our clients include major consumer and business brands such as Apple, Disney, LinkedIn, Merck, Oracle, and Salesforce. We have 150+ employees, are backed by leading VC firms, have a fun / vibrant work environment, and a great San Francisco location (4th / Market, near BART). Learn more at www.trustarc.com.
To all recruitment agencies: TrustArc does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TrustArc's human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TrustArc's career jobs alias or its employees. TrustArc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our new name, TrustArc, reflects our evolution from a certification company into a global provider of technology powered privacy compliance and risk management solutions.
The foundation for these solutions is our SaaS-based Data Privacy Management Platform which provides powerful, easy to use tools – and is backed by over five years of large scale operating experience across dozens of industries and client use cases. The platform, along with our services, leverage deep privacy expertise and proven methodologies which we have continuously enhanced through tens of thousands of client projects over the past two decades.
Headquartered in San Francisco, and with offices around the globe, we help over 1,000 clients worldwide demonstrate compliance, minimize risk, and build trust.
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200