Senior Privacy Consultant (Contract)
Remote in the US or UK
The Senior Privacy Consultant has direct client-facing responsibility for managing data privacy projects around the world. Successful candidates will be a privacy subject matter expert, keeping current on industry activities and emerging technologies affecting both consumer and employee privacy. The Senior Privacy Consultant may also be called upon to advance the overall brand and group through authoring articles and white papers, presenting to industry groups at conferences and participating in webinars. Flexibility and initiative are important, as specific work assignments will vary (sometimes wildly) based on rapidly evolving client needs. The position will be in TRUSTe’s Privacy Consulting Group and will be contracted on a project-by-project basis. The role may be based anywhere, however travel to our San Francisco headquarters will be necessary 1-2 times a year as is regular availability during US and EU business hours.
We are especially interested in consultants with specific expertise in the following areas: Latin American Privacy, IT security risk management, HR, financial services, and health care.
- Take ownership of client relationships, and manage consulting engagements from prospecting, defining SOWs, leading project kick-offs, drafting and presenting findings reports and risk analyses
- Serve as subject matter resource on privacy law and policy matters and provide input into defining and building new consulting offerings
- Identify and provide analysis of new and existing consumer privacy, employee privacy, and other relevant data and consumer protection laws
- Author articles and white papers on topics relating to data privacy
- Present topics relating to data privacy management practices to industry groups at conferences
- Participate in webinars on topics relating to data privacy
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; advanced degree a plus
- 7-10 years in data privacy management; minimum 3 years of client-facing consulting practice
- Professional Certification: CIPP required or able to be obtained within 6 months. Additional CIPP or other complimentary certifications (CISSP) are a strongly favored.
- Good working knowledge of major US, Canadian, EU, LATAM and APAC privacy laws
- Self-management abilities and leadership are required
- Excellent customer services skills
- Exceptional communication skills, good facilitator, capable of producing quality documentation, organized, good customer relationship skills. Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Confidence to speak up and challenge ideas and propose alternatives; desire to constantly seek and offer constructive feedback
- Energy and enthusiasm to be part of a growing organization working in a complex discipline
- Solid public speaking/presentation skills
- Able to travel up to 33%
- Ability to multi-task and context-shift; ability to work effectively both independently and as a member of a fast-paced, driven team
TrustArc is the market leader in Data Privacy Management solutions - enabling businesses to use customer data to power their online channels (websites, apps, ads, etc.). Our market is growing rapidly, driven by increased global compliance requirements and consumer privacy concerns. We are best known for the green “certified privacy” seal you have seen on thousands of websites worldwide, and also offer a cloud-based Data Privacy Management Platform and consulting services. Our clients include major consumer and business brands such as Apple, Disney, LinkedIn, Merck, Oracle, and Salesforce. We have 150+ employees, are backed by leading VC firms, have a fun / vibrant work environment, and a great San Francisco location (4th / Market, near BART). Learn more at www.trustarc.com.
To all recruitment agencies: TrustArc does not accept unsolicited agency resumes without executing a staffing services agreement and commencing a specific search by TrustArc's human resources department. Please do not forward resumes to TrustArc's career jobs alias or its employees. TrustArc is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Our new name, TrustArc, reflects our evolution from a certification company into a global provider of technology powered privacy compliance and risk management solutions.
The foundation for these solutions is our SaaS-based Data Privacy Management Platform which provides powerful, easy to use tools – and is backed by over five years of large scale operating experience across dozens of industries and client use cases. The platform, along with our services, leverage deep privacy expertise and proven methodologies which we have continuously enhanced through tens of thousands of client projects over the past two decades.
Headquartered in San Francisco, and with offices around the globe, we help over 1,000 clients worldwide demonstrate compliance, minimize risk, and build trust.
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 51 - 200