Cyber Security Analyst
Other companies make products
We make a difference!
Underwriters Laboratories is looking for you if you're seeking a cutting edge career in Cyber Security!
We're leading the way in establishing cyber safety and are looking to hire some people to join this exciting new division within our organization!
Do you have experience with product embedded software? WE WANT YOU!
Seeking a highly technical penetration tester or ethical hacker with a software development background and domain experience in embedded product and software testing. Will conduct advanced penetration tests, hacking to identify issues in embedded products and software. Will conduct vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
To demonstrate a deep interest in learning new technology platforms for security testing, and forensics.
Keep abreast on latest security news/trends.
Conduct security tests using automated tools, ad-hoc tools, and manual testing
Conduct penetration testing against different technological domains including, but not limited to, web products, hardware products, wireless products, software, cloud based software, smart device applications.
Assess and calculate risk based on vulnerabilities and exposures discovered during testing.
Create required information security documentation, technical reports and formal papers on test findings, and complete requests in accordance with requirements.
Handle and complete customer projects to the defined requirements in the timeframe required by customer with the highest quality and integrity of work.
Meet and exceed customer’s expectations with projects and other related tests and activities.
University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline plus generally two years’ experience in cybersecurity, software development, or ethical hacking.
- Experience installing and using various OS distributions and application packages.
- Hands-on experience with commercial, open source and free security solutions such as Kali Linux, Nessus, MetaSploit, static source code analysis tools, fuzzing tools, dynamic binary testing tools.
- Understanding of security issues on various operating systems, open source web and database platforms
- Experience using one or more scripting languages:
- Security related certifications a plus: CEH, GIAC, OSCP, OSCE
- Strong expertise in testing in two or more of the following domains: Embedded software, embedded security, industrial control systems / SCADA, medical devices, automotive, telecom and networking equipment.
EEO is the Law
E-Verify Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (English)
UL evaluates more than 19,000 types of products, components, materials and systems annually with 20 billion UL Marks appearing on 72,000 manufacturers' products each year. The UL family of companies includes 68 laboratory, testing and certification facilities serving customers in 102 countries.
Testing, Certification, Auditing, Advisory and Education, Validation, Inspection
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+