Cyber Security Sales Specialist
Other companies make products
We make a difference!
Other companies make products. We make a difference! Click Here!
Promoting safe living and working environments.
UL is a global independent safety science company with more than a century of expertise innovating safety solutions from the public adoption of electricity to new breakthroughs in areas such as sustainability, renewable energy, mobile payment security and nanotechnology. Dedicated to promoting safe living and working environments, UL helps safeguard people, products and places in important ways, facilitates trade and provides peace of mind.
As opportunities/leads arise, works with Account Managers and/or Outside Sales team to close cybersecurity solutions/services sales.
Supports and works with Business Development teams in engaging clients on cybersecurity solutions/services to win additional leads and ultimately close cybersecurity orders.
Develops and presents cybersecurity solutions/services sales proposals to clients, systems solutions and helps close complex technical cybersecurity solutions/services sales orders.
Shares responsibility and accountability for cybersecurity sales revenue targets with Account Managers and Outside Sales team.
Develops and then maintains a highly technical knowledge of UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services and can articulately, succinctly, and effectively communicate UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services value proposition to existing and prospective clients.
Supports Account Managers and Outside Sales team members with complex details of UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services. Helps to develop and expand these teams’ knowledge and understanding of UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services.
Identifies and resolves wide range of issues with little or no supervision.
Coaches and mentors other sales employees on effective direct sales skills and sales processes, especially as it pertains to identifying and qualifying cybersecurity solutions/services opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline plus generally eight years of directly related experience in cybersecurity, software development and/or ethical hacking.
- Solid historical technical sales track record within technical industry, preferably cybersecurity; recognized as knowledgeable in the cybersecurity/software development area by peers, customers, and industry leaders.
- Possesses strong business acumen and business savvy, with preferable experience working in a cross-cultural global environment
- Business and profit minded and has a strong growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to influence and skillfully negotiate in tough situations, with both internal and external groups, to achieve desired outcomes and without damaging relationships
- Demonstrated ability to gain cooperation of others, deliver effective technical presentations, as it relates to specific cybersecurity solutions projects and/or schedules, to senior level management and customers.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills; distinctive ability to interact with all levels of leaders and clients
- Culturally sensitive, a team player who apply strong leadership and judgment, and act according to the UL mission and standards of high ethics and integrity.
- Security related certifications are a plus: CISSP, CISA, CEH, GIAC
- Significant business travel and work outside of the office is required.
EEO is the Law
E-Verify Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (English)
UL evaluates more than 19,000 types of products, components, materials and systems annually with 20 billion UL Marks appearing on 72,000 manufacturers' products each year. The UL family of companies includes 68 laboratory, testing and certification facilities serving customers in 102 countries.
Testing, Certification, Auditing, Advisory and Education, Validation, Inspection
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+