Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Other companies make products
We make a difference!
UL is looking for you if you're seeking a cutting edge career in Cyber Security!
We're leading the way in establishing cyber safety and are looking to hire some people to join this exciting new division within our organization!
Do you have experience with cybersecurity modeling, testing and development with embedded products? WE WANT YOU!
The Senior Cyber Security Analyst will partner with the senior technical team and management in developing and building industry adopted technical requirements, programs, and processes to maintain UL as the highest quality provider for cybersecurity services. Remain up to date on all cybersecurity related topics. Perceived as both the customer’s and internal security team’s trusted advisor. Conduct advanced penetration tests, exploitation of embedded products, systems, mobile applications and cloud systems to identify potential areas of vulnerabilities in a large range of domains.
- Conducts security assessment using automated tools, ad-hoc tools, and manual exploitation and assessment.
- Conducts penetration testing against different technological domains including, but not limited to, web products, hardware products, wireless products, software, cloud based software, smart device applications. These technological domains reside in critical infrastructure, building automation, lighting, life safety(fire, smoke, signaling) digital video, medical, large commercial appliances, smart home, automotive etc.
- Supports our clients in defining risks associated with weaknesses found in systems
- Creates required information security documentation, technical reports, and formal papers on test findings, and complete requests in accordance with requirements.
- Handles and completes customer projects to the defined requirements in the timeframe required by customers with the highest quality and integrity of work.
- Meets and exceeds customer expectations with projects and other related tests and activities.
- Supports security team in building and improving UL’s assurance programs and services.
- Provides technical guidance and training to new security team members.
- Provides sales support and the sale of more complex projects.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Bachelor’s degree or higher) in Computer Science or a related discipline plus generally four years’ experience in cybersecurity, embedded/hardware hacking.
- Experience with cybersecurity testing of products and software to identify weaknesses and flaws.
- Experience installing and using various OS distributions and application packages.
- Hands-on experience with commercial, open source and free security solutions such as:
- IDA Pro
- Assembly coding
- JTAG, I2C, SPI, standard serial interfaces
- Kali Linux, Nessus, MetaSploit,
- Understanding of security issues on various operating systems, open source web and database platforms
- Deep understanding of standard processor architectures for development and reverse engineering
- Experience using one or more scripting languages
- Security related certifications a plus:, CEH, GIAC, OSCP, OSCE
EEO is the Law
E-Verify Poster (English)
Right to Work Poster (English)
UL evaluates more than 19,000 types of products, components, materials and systems annually with 20 billion UL Marks appearing on 72,000 manufacturers' products each year. The UL family of companies includes 68 laboratory, testing and certification facilities serving customers in 102 countries.
Testing, Certification, Auditing, Advisory and Education, Validation, Inspection
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+