Senior Incident Responder
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking an experienced Senior Incident Responder with demonstrated competence and thought leadership capability to contribute toward the success of our Information Security Technology initiatives. The Duties of the Senior Incident Responder include directing and coordinating incident activities and remediating computer security incidents involving various lines of business and operational groups. Proper Candidate must be able to review and track detected incidents, identify new exploits and/or threats, develop mitigation strategies, and enforce incident reporting standards. Responder needs to be able to identify the necessary actions required to investigate and contain threats involved in an IT Security incident and communicate this information swiftly and effectively to management. This is a high visibility, high stress position. Individuals in this position are responsible for US Bank's response to major information security related incidents; directing the efforts of technical and business line teams, determining options and courses of action to counter attackers, and communicating with the CEO and Managing Committee regarding the incident and the Bank's response. Actions taken by this individual impacts the security and functionality of the enterprise IT for the entire bank.
- Supervise record maintenance for all incident response activities.
- Develop and contribute to incident response framework, requirements and strategy.
- Develop and maintain standard operating procedure (SOP) documentation.
- Analyze threats and vulnerabilities to determine their impact to US Bank's operations.
- Establish and maintain cohesive working relationships with team members, management, key strategic business partners, and vendors.
- Conduct Investigations and eDiscovery efforts involving court-proven forensic processes and technologies.
- Conduct post-mortem evaluations on cyber security incidents and lead table-top incident response exercises.
- Lead bank response and mitigation of major security incidents including clear and concise communications to senior executives, regulators, and auditors.
- Proactively researches emerging cyber threats. Applies expert understanding of hacker methodologies and tactics, system vulnerabilities and key indicators of attacks and exploits
- Acquires and applies expert knowledge of the business, its products and processes
- Directs analyses and root cause identification; develops and recommends business solutions impacting the enterprise.
- Monitors efforts of less experienced peers and team members and provides input on performance appraisals. Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in strategy development and implementation of business solutions
- Must possess strong analytical & evaluative thinking
- Bachelor's degree and minimum 5 years of experience in information security
- Demonstrated excellent customer service
- Conceptual understandings of the cyber kill chain
- Awareness of the latest cyber-intelligence collection trends and developments
- Experience developing threat briefings for consumption by senior management
- Strong understanding of Windows API and internals
- Ability to complete dynamic analysis of malware
- Ability to extract host and network-based IOCs to provide requirements for detection and prevention
- Ability to work nontraditional working hours when necessary
- Understanding of network protocols and services
- Strong written and verbal skills with the ability to present complex concepts at high level
- Programming and scripting experience
- Deep understanding of networking, system administration, architectures and security elements
- Experience implementing and tuning a wide range of information security tools
Job Information Technology
Primary Location Ohio-OH-Cincinnati
Shift 1st - Daytime
Travel Yes, 15 % of the Time
Additional Scheduling Information Regular on call rotation
Average Hours Per Week 40
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal “EEO is the Law” poster.
About U.S. Bank
Explore what’s possible with a career at U.S. Bank and join a company that’s as passionate as you are about helping our customers meet their goals and making a difference in the communities we live and work. Our industry-leading financial performance, innovative spirit and best-in-class reputation empower employees to succeed.
Learn more about what it’s like working at U.S. Bank, meet some of your could-be-future-colleagues, and follow us on social media by visiting usbank.com/careers.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That’s why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most – your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
We work to meet our customers’ business and personal banking needs with competitive products and services, convenient access to their accounts, and proven stability backed by industry-leading financial metrics. With more than 4,800 ATMS, 3,114 branch locations, 24-hour phone support and mobile and online banking, we make it easy for our customers to manage their money any time.
Please note: Equal Housing Lender. Credit products are offered by U.S Bank National Association and subject to normal credit approval. Some restrictions may apply. Deposit products offered by U.S. Bank National Association. Member FDIC.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+