Senior Cyber Intel Analyst
We Know What It Means To Serve
We are many people with one powerful purpose.
This role will be a key member of the Cyber Threat Operations Center Intelligence Team. Works closely with internal red team and cyber hunt to leverage cyber intelligence collection and analysis. Evaluates, designs, monitors, administers and/or implements information security systems, policies and processes. Provides insight and guides management on issues and serves as a mentor to peers and team members for assigned area of responsibility. Implements, administers and maintains systems and network access.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Cyber Intel Analyst for our Phoenix, AZ or San Antonio, TX facility.
- Integrates information security systems software and hardware. Performs routine and complex end-to-end support of a variety of security users and applications.
- Performs development and maintenance activities for security applications and tools. Troubleshoots complex systems and networking problems. Performs investigative research, analysis and troubleshooting to identify, resolve, and report highly complex security issues. May evaluate and monitor system or tool performance.
- Monitors system and network configurations to ensure compliance with information security policies, standards and procedures. Performs technical evaluations and testing of security hardware and software.
- Identifies operational inefficiencies and potential risks, executes and improves operational processes and mitigates risk. Defines and adjusts processes required to detect, analyze, and respond to security incidents.
- Processes requests to design, modify and grant security accesses, and other security requests as assigned. Provides guidance to team on complex role provisioning scenarios.
- Performs routine and complex project support for security and infrastructure efforts. May provide audit support. Provides technical guidance to the IT department about risks and control measures associated with new technologies.
- Collects, compiles, and generates information security reports on system and network accesses. Reports and prepares briefing packages for presentation to customers, management and senior leadership.
- May perform network and host-based penetration testing using internal and commercially available tools and/or coordinate and manage third party penetration testing activities.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years of equivalent work experience in Information Technology, including Intel/Cyber Intel, Security Operations Center (SOC), Malware Analysis, or Incident Response
- 6+ years relevant work experience in Information Technology, including such as Intel/Cyber Intel, Security Operations Center (SOC), Malware Analysis, or Incident Response; Advanced knowledge of relevant technical discipline in Information Security.
- Advanced knowledge of intelligence frameworks, technical analysis, and production.
- Open and closed source Intel Collection experience, Cyber Intel preferred.
- Familiarity with big data analytics techniques
- Able to communicate technical details in a clear, understandable manner
- Senior Leader presentation experience (briefing delivery)
- Technical understanding of Linux, UNIX, and Windows to include command line experience
- Preferred Certifications: CISSP, GCIH, GCIA, GCFA, etc.
Strategy, Analysis, Business Acumen, Collaboration, Communication, Demonstrates Adaptability, Drive for Results,
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
USAA Financial Services
USAA's Mission is to facilitate the financial security of its members, associates, and their families through provision of a full range of highly competitive financial products and services; in so doing, USAA seeks to be the provider of choice for the military community.That unique mission of serving those who serve our country is what gives purpose to our work.
In order to play a role on our team, you don't have to be connected to the military yourself – you just need to share our passion for serving our members.
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 10,001+