Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
This role will partner with our NSBU focused security team. We focus on the following: penetration testing, all manner of security testing, threat modeling and secure design, fuzzing, and invasive testing of our supported network protocols. This role will help to find security bugs and find ways to fix them and how to avoid them along with taking the steps through methodology and education to help the team avoid them in the future.
- You will be a subject matter expert in multiple areas of Security/Networking/Storage in order to engage various business units
- You should have a hacker mindset and be curious to break and tinker with technology
- Have the ability to identify and explain risks and remediation along with being knowledgeable on current security research and attack techniques
- Perform application security assessments, including, but not limited to: black-box/penetration testing, white-box/logic testing, and source code reviews
- 5+ years of C++/Java coding experience with SQL knowledge preferred
- 5+ years of experience working in an Application Security field focusing on agile development
- Experience in Python, Ruby, Bash, or other scripting languages
- Understanding of Linux environments with preferred experience with Linux Kernel and/or Kali Linux tools
- Knowledge of commonly used application testing and assessment tools (e.g. Web proxies, application vulnerability scanners, fuzzers, code analyzers)
- Understanding of networking and network based development/problem domain
- Experience in both web and appliance/desktop based software application programming
VMware is an equal opportunity employer committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for all applicants and employees. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+