Malware Reverse Engineer
Vencore is a proven provider of information solutions, engineering and analytics for the U.S. Government. With more than 40 years of experience working in the defense, civilian and intelligence communities, Vencore designs, develops and delivers high impact, mission-critical services and solutions to overcome its customers most complex problems.
Headquartered in Chantilly, Virginia, Vencore employs 3,800 engineers, analysts, IT specialists and other professionals who strive to be the best at everything they do.
Vencore is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
- Employ engineering techniques and processes to analyze software to identify vulnerabilities.
- Re-create programs to rebuild something similar to it, exploits its weaknesses, or strengthens its defenses.
- Develop design specifications by inspection and analysis to offset various malware and to protect and defend USCYBERCOM infrastructure.
- Develop, research, and maintain proficiency in tools, techniques, countermeasures, and trends in computer and network vulnerabilities, data hiding, and encryption.
- Conduct vulnerability assessments/penetration tests of information systems.
- Ensure software standards are met; designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
- Perform in-depth detailed research of software and methodologies to build defensive and offensive technical capabilities for USCYBERCOM.
- Participate in formal technical briefing and proposals.
- Perform system analysis, reverse engineering, and static, dynamic, and best-practice malware analytical methodologies on Windows, Android, or UNIX-based platforms.
- Provide in-depth understanding of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures, and tools (authentication and access control technologies, intrusion detection, network traffic analysis, incident handling, media/malware analysis, etc.), malware and programming skills to include C/C++ and Assembly language, and detailed understanding of how network-based attacks work at the operating system and/or protocol level.
- Minimum five years of experience as a Malware Analyst.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity, Computer Engineering, or related discipline.
- A minimum of DOD 8140/DOD 8570 IAM Level I Certification.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- **Must have active TS/SCI with Poly**
The most qualified candidates will have experience with the following:
- IDA Pro (tool for reverse engineering malware)
- OllyDdg (tool for debugging malware)
- REMnux (software for reverse engineering malware)
- EnCase (forensic analysis tool)
- Malware Analysis
- 80386 Assembly Language Programming
- Linux Assembly Language Programming
- C/C++ Programming
- Reverse Engineering/Disassembly
- Intrusion analysis
- Incident response
- Forensic analysis
- Behavioral, dynamic, and static analysis of malware
- Building and configuring malware analysis labs
- Network incident response
- Forensics analysis of hard drives, systems, and networks
- Threat intelligence analysis
Job ID 2017-46528
# of Openings Remaining 1
Residency Status U.S. Citizenship Required
Clearance Top Secret/SCI w/Poly
Employee Type Regular
Time Type Full Time
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 1,001-5000