Director of Engineering, Web Application Security
At Veracode, we have made it our mission to secure the world’s software and keep our customers out of the headlines – at least for security issues. Our suite of Web Application Security (WAS) products transforms how companies discover their web perimeter and secure sites on the perimeter and behind their company firewall.
We are hiring a Director of Engineering to manage the WAS team, evolving our state-of the-art scan engine while driving an evolution from monolith to microservices, from data center to AWS, and from traditional deployment to DevOps. The Director is responsible for establishing and implementing strategic direction for WAS while ensuring the operational quality of our current products.
In this role, you will report to the VP of Engineering. You will work collaboratively with the VP of Architecture, Product Managers, User Experience and Engineering Directors. This is an exceptionally smart, fun, and energetic team, who love working for Veracode, as well as working with each other.
- Manage the engineering team designing, implementing and maintaining the multi-product WAS product line.
- Drive execution against the technology evolution strategy. Facilitate prioritization of business and product requirements, set timelines, and manage expectations for all deliverables and releases.
- Provide clarity, process, and support for Veracode’s transition to DevOps. Lead by example and engage in operational monitoring, response, and issue resolution.
- Work with the VP of Architecture and team leads to define technology standards, processes and engineering metrics.
- Foster a vibrant, highly-effective culture that values trust, collaboration, and dedication to quality. Incorporate innovation, continuous learning, and mentoring to attract and retain top talent.
Skills and Requirements:
- At least 15 years technology experience in high-growth companies with at least 10 years in leadership positions. Prior experience as Senior Director or VP of Engineering.
- Solid track record of building, motivating and managing highly effective operations and software development teams. Proven success developing leadership talent.
- Experience with DevOps and high uptime SaaS environments. Prior working experience with public cloud (preferably AWS), IaaS and PaaS services.
- Prior management of technology and process change, e.g. migration to cloud, architecture evolution from monolith to services oriented, adoption of DevOps, implementation of CI/CD pipeline.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to motivate and influence technical and executive audiences.
- Experience managing on-site, off-site and off-shore resources.
Veracode’s powerful cloud-based platform, deep security expertise and programmatic, best practices approach provide enterprises with a simpler and more scalable way to reduce application-layer risk across their global software infrastructures.
Recognized as a Gartner Magic Quadrant Leader since 2010, Veracode secures hundreds of the world’s largest global enterprises, including 3 of the top 4 banks in the Fortune 100 and 25+ of the world's top 100 brands.
Application Security, Application Risk Management, Vendor Application Security Testing (VAST), Manual Penetration Testing, Vulnerability Remediation Consulting, Mobile Application Security, Static Analysis, Dynamic Analysis, Third-Party Software Security
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 201-500