Senior Security Engineer
As our Senior Security Engineer you will be front and center with solving our most complex security challenges. In this role, you will be working to understand our security challenges, design solutions, and put your solutions into action.
About the team
As a member of our security team, you will work with our Security/Compliance Manager to design solutions, implement security policies, and be our senior security Subject Matter Expert at AIR.
At AIR, you will engage in all aspects of deploying and configuring new security initiatives as corporate strategy/vision and to maintain the existing production security infrastructure and security monitoring services. Proactively assess current technical controls and enhance them to meet customer needs and applicable industry standards.
You will specifically engage in:
- Assess AIR’s overall security posture. Redesign or evolve the posture as necessary to meet all the needs of a modernization of security within organization.
- Provide technical expertise relevant to the development, implementation, and updates to AIR’s security policies, procedures, guidelines to ensure company compliance.
- Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies, risk assessment, architecture platform, and integration issues.
- To implement Security and Disaster Recovery measures and drive automation in the cloud architecture to effectively manage security within multi-tenant space.
- To implement security analytics, reporting and metrics program and to support security incidents and analysis with your technical expertise.
- Maintain and improve processes, tools, and documentation that will support production security requirements in the best manner possible
- Perform periodic technical reviews for Corporate and Cloud Infrastructure.
- 5-7 years experience in hands on security engineering role. The majority of this should have been within a Cloud and IT security operations.
- You will need a specific understanding of Application and Operating system hardening, Penetration testing/Vulnerability assessments, Security audits, IPS, Firewalls, Routers Threat management,F5,SIEM,DR testing, Privilege user management and Wireless Security.
- You must be experienced with design, deploy and configure network and enterprise security solutions.
- Knowledge in information security or IT risk management.
- Knowledge of SANS Top 20 Critical Security Controls and OWASP Top 10
- Knowledge of global and domestic regulations and standards (FISMA/NIST, SSAE 16, Data Privacy, ISO 27001/27002)
About AIR Worldwide
AIR Worldwide (AIR) provides catastrophe risk modeling solutions that make individuals, businesses, and society more resilient. AIR founded the catastrophe modeling industry in 1987, and today models the risk from natural catastrophes, terrorism, cyber attacks, and pandemics globally. Insurance, reinsurance, financial, corporate, and government clients rely on AIR’s advanced science, software, and consulting services for catastrophe risk management, insurance-linked securities, site-specific engineering analyses, and agricultural risk management. AIR Worldwide, a Verisk Analytics (Nasdaq:VRSK) business, is headquartered in Boston with additional offices in North America, Europe, and Asia. For more information, please visit www.air-worldwide.com.
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Headquartered in Jersey City, N.J., Verisk Analytics operates in 22 countries and is a member of Standard & Poor’s (S&P) 500® Index. Verisk Analytics is also part of the NASDAQ-100 Index, which includes the 100 largest nonfinancial securities listed on the NASDAQ stock market. Its common stock is traded on NASDAQ under the symbol VRSK. In 2015, Verisk was ranked 18th on Forbes World’s Most Innovative Companies list.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000