Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst
The Cyber Threat Intelligence Analyst Role is a position providing an opportunity to work in a fast paced collaborative environment defending Verizon from current and future cyber threats. This position plays a critical role in Verizon’s enterprise computing defense. Analysts must be agile, willing to learn, and able to think outside of the box in order to operate effectively in an ever changing threat landscape.
- Processes both internal and external Cyber Threat Intelligence for determination of impact, hunting to determine scope, and implementation of mitigations to defend Verizon’s enterprise
- Recommends new intel feeds and changes to current feed intake
- Process both internal and external Cyber Threat Intel for determination of potential threat and impact, hunting to determine potential scope, and implementation of mitigations to defend Verizon’s enterprise; this includes reports from law enforcement, security researchers, industry leaders and governmental agencies.
- Conduct pivoting analysis on Threat Intelligence to identify current impact or proactively process mitigations for defense through security technologies and proactive mitigations including zero-day patching identification, anomalous behavior, and recommendations of remediation action
- Develop, create, and drive current and new reporting methods of Intelligence analysis to peers and leadership teams for purposes of situational awareness and making Intelligence actionable
- Support junior team members in methods to process tactical mitigations based on results of analysis and determination of threat validity
- Drive support for the Threat Management Center during incident response and threat monitoring activities to include intelligence context and analysis support, provide industry expertise and recommend relevant remediation and countermeasures
- Conduct trending and correlation of cyber intelligence for the purposes of attribution and establish strategic countermeasures to increase Verizon’s defenses, including customized signatures, in-house identified indicators of compromise and behaviors associated with targeted behavior, with support from the Threat Monitoring team
What we’re looking for...
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience
- Two or more years of relevant work experience
Ideally, you’ll also have:
- Previous Information Assurance or Cyber Experience in the Telecommunications industry
- Previous experience working in a Security Operations Center or Intelligence Function with focus on Computer Network Defense
- Previous experience working with SIEM technologies (i.e. Splunk)
- Previous experience working with hunting tools and technologies
- Fundamentals of Mobile Platforms: Windows Phone, iOS, Android
- Understanding of Networking (including the OSI Model, TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, SMTP)
- Previous experience with Malware Reverse Engineering
- Previous experience with Threat Intelligence Tools and Platforms
- Previous experience in Cyber Intelligence or related disciplines
- Previous experience with Malware analysis (automated, static, and dynamic)
- Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of cyber risks and threat intelligence related to cyber attackers
- Strong communication and presentation skills along with the ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Strong relationship skills and collaborative style to enable success across multiple partners
- Demonstrates effective organizational and technical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to write intelligence and technical articles for knowledge sharing
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline
- Three or more years of professional experience. This job role is considered experienced, but still a learner with influencing responsibility on junior team members.
- Related Certification (A+, Network+, and/or Security+) a plus
- Ability to comply with any regulatory requirements
- Manages multiple priorities in a high pressure environment
- Exhibit initiative, follow-up and follow through with commitments
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1