Staff Security Architect
Working together to build a vision for the world of payments.
Find your Everywhere at Visa.
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind – making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do. CyberSource, a Visa company, has been and continues to be a pioneer within the e-Commerce Payment Management world. Our VisaNet network is capable of handling over 65,000 transaction messages per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa’s sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Provide technical leadership, support and manage a variety of projects in the Visa's Digital Wallet Group. This role will, in many instances, introduce new services/technologies into Visa's infrastructure. Applications span a variety of business domains including, but not limited to, ecommerce, mobile technologies, risk analysis, security, offers, and a variety of web-based applications.
On a project-by-project basis, coordinate and manage input from business and technology stakeholders across the enterprise and have overall responsibility for the execution of multiple, large-scale technology initiatives. S/he will be accountable to a variety of primary business stakeholders for the quality and success of programs under management.
Play a key role in managing and executing technology solutions that deliver client value and lasting business impact. S/he will ensure that development is highly strategic and focused on maintaining the reliability and functionality that is essential to both internal and external constituents.
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols.
- Familiarity with web related technologies (Web applications, Web Services, Service Oriented Architectures) and of network/web related protocols.
- Experience in developing and maintaining security systems.
- Detailed technical knowledge of cryptography, identity and access management, authentication protocols, application and mobile security.
- Understanding of web application security best practices and risks such as SQL injection, XSS, CSRF and other risks covered in frameworks such as OWASP.
- Familiarity with threat modelling, security assessment, secure coding practices.
- Knowledge and awareness of security attacks (DDOS, DNS) and prevention.
- Design the appropriate solution that is based on the business requirements.
- Document the design in the form of a conceptual approach which will be used as the basis for sizing and the creation of detailed design artifacts.
- Do proofs of concept (PoCs) and other technical evaluations of technologies, designs, and solutions.
- Support integration and functional enhancements around existing security solutions and processes.
- Work and collaborate with engineering professionals, architects and others within Visa to ensure that the solution will scale appropriately while ensuring that what is implemented is a cost effective solution.
- Support and manage the creation of detail design and use case documents.
- Bachelor's / Master's Degree in Computer Science or other technology field; Typically requires 7+ years of experience in delivering enterprise-class, mission-critical, secure, and scalable products, at least 3 of which were in the field of information security.
- Extensive Experience with web services standards and related technologies (Java, HTTP, XML, JSON, REST, and SOAP).
- Extensive Experience working with a variety of Web Servers, Applications Servers and Databases (primarily Apache, Tomcat, Oracle).
- Strong interpersonal, facilitation, team building and leadership skills along with effective communication (both written and verbal) skills and the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise way; ability to influence and develop relationships with key partners.
- Knowledge of PCI-DSS, NIST and FIPS standards(preferable).
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
“Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.”
Global payments technology company
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 5,001-10,000