WebMD’s Health Services business enables employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized health and benefit information, decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices and provides telephonic health coaching services.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status
- Assisting the full-time Security staff
- Participating in research and analysis of existing and new technologies and tools
- Operate and evaluate application scanning, testing, and review tools
- Work with monitoring and alerting tools for analysis and tuning of events and metrics
- Documenting requirements and standards
- Defining and recording security metrics to ensure quality of deliverables
- Performing internal assessments
- Two- or four-year degree in computer science/engineering, or related field (in progress)
- Familiarity with regulatory and standards requirements and practices (HIPAA/HITECH and one or more of ISO 27000 series, NIST 800 series SPs, HiTRUST CSF)
- Knowledge of application security and development processes and technologies a plus
- Familiarity with threats, vulnerabilities, attack methods and countermeasures for web based applications, including threat modelling, secure coding, and vulnerability testing a plus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Process-oriented approach
- Self-starter and strong team player
This is a paid, full time summer internship program (40 hours per week for 3 months)
WebMD is a leading provider of health information services to consumers, physicians, healthcare professionals, employers and health plans.
WebMD is the leading provider of health information and services to consumers and healthcare professionals. The online healthcare information, decision-support applications and communications services that we provide:
- help consumers take an active role in managing their health by providing objective healthcare information and lifestyle information.
- make it easier for physicians and healthcare professionals to access clinical reference sources, stay abreast of the latest clinical information, learn about new treatment options, earn continuing medical education credits and communicate with peers.
- enable employers and health plans to provide their employees and plan members with access to personalized heath and benefit information and decision support technology that helps them make informed benefit, provider and treatment choices.
Company Size: 1,001-5000