Senior Application Security Engineer
Careers at Workday
Do what you love. Love what you do.
Come innovate with us
If you’re ready to forever change the way business gets done, and have fun while doing it, we'd like to talk with you.
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Are you a critical thinker who can break down systems to build them back stronger? Would you like to help secure the next generation of enterprise cloud applications?
As a Senior Application Security Engineer, you will be part of an outstanding team of security professionals with deep experience in security engineering. You will be responsible for driving security into Workday's technologies and ensuring that our software and services are designed and implemented with security in mind. You will also contribute to building, testing, and deploying tools and automation to enhance security across the Workday platform.
What does a Sr Application Security Engineer do at Workday?
- On a typical day, you'll analyze threats and vulnerabilities to determine security impact
- Assess the security of core platform infrastructure
- Build technologies to detect and prevent security vulnerabilities
- Help development teams build security into the Workday platform
- Impact the product design by providing secure design patterns
- Provide recommendations for hardening applications and environments
- A world class, cloud-based software platform
- A team of fun security ninjas to work with
- Challenging but fufilling projects that affect thousands of people
- Ability to attend major security conferences and events
- Ability to attend industry-leading training courses
- BS in Computer Science, Information Systems or related major or equivalent experience
- 8 + years working in an information security discipline
- Fluency in at least one programming or scripting language
- Strong knowledge of Web, network, and systems security
- Functional knowledge of cryptography: SSL/TLS, AES, SHA-2
- Capable of finding vulnerabilities and recommending solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects concurrentl
You May Also Have:
- Familiarity with security in DevOps environments
- Professional software development experience
- Experience securing development pipelines
Think you have what it takes? Apply! We'd love to hear from you.
Financial Management, Human Capital Management (Human Resources Management, Workforce Planning + Talent Management), Payroll, Expenses, Time Tracking, Procurement, Grants Management, Recruiting
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000