Technology Risk and Compliance Senior Manager
Careers at Workday
Do what you love. Love what you do.
Come innovate with us
If you’re ready to forever change the way business gets done, and have fun while doing it, we'd like to talk with you.
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Are you a self-motivated risk and compliance professional looking to join one of the hottest cloud companies in the world? Do you enjoy building and managing risk and compliance programs in fast paced and rapidly growing environments?
As a member of the rapidly growing Privacy, Ethics and Compliance Team at Workday, you will help build and manage programs designed to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability (CIA) of our customers' most sensitive data.
The Technology Risk and Compliance Senior Manager is an important part of Workday’s privacy, ethics and compliance function. In this role you will manage a team responsible for ensuring that company policies, processes and practices are performed in accordance with contractual and compliance requirements. You will also play a critical role in managing compliance related interactions with Workday's customers, vendors and partners and advising internal business stakeholders on risk and compliance requirements related to the product development life cycle and other strategic organizational initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in an equivalent technology risk and compliance related role.
- 5+ years of people management experience with a proven record in professional development, leadership and mentoring. Experience directing and supervising the work of others, ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep familiarity with compliance reports, certifications and standards as they relate to Software as a Service and Cloud Computing, such as SOC1 (SSAE16), SOC2, ISO27001, ISO27018, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, NIST Cyber TeSecurity Framework, and NIST 800-53.
- Extensive experience coordinating, facilitating and managing security and compliance audits; industry-specific regulatory compliance knowledge, a plus.
- Experience developing, managing and/or auditing vendor risk management programs.
- Strong executive presence with the capability to speak articulately to technical and operational processes.
- Successful record of implementing and improving operational processes; can drive program efficiency and high customer satisfaction.
- Organized, proactive and capable of cultivating support and consensus across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrated program/project management experience.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and organize time effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- CISA, CISSP, CIPP, PMP or other certifications.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, computer science, finance or related field.
- Collaborate regularly with cross functional leadership to address emerging compliance requirements.
- Manage compliance projects across multiple teams, including operations, security and development.
- Develop individual and team skills, provide stretch opportunities to advance the team and provide career development opportunities for team members.
- Accountability for the success of customer audits in accordance with Workday’s Customer Audit Program.
- During customer audits, manage communications to third parties regarding Workday’s compliance program, operational processes and key controls.
- Drive the compliance aspects of Workday’s vendor and partner security compliance risk management programs in cross functional partnership with Security, Services, IT, Procurement and Legal.
- Develop and implement internal policies and procedures in support of Workday's compliance initiatives.
- Assist in the management of external compliance audit activities.
- Review new product features to determine impact to compliance programs.
- Execute formal risk assessments of projects, initiatives, technologies and processes.
- Lead internal trainings related to technology compliance requirements.
Financial Management, Human Capital Management (Human Resources Management, Workforce Planning + Talent Management), Payroll, Expenses, Time Tracking, Procurement, Grants Management, Recruiting
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000