Security Operations Analyst
Work. Life. Balance.
Help us bring a little zen to the world of customer service
Zendesk is looking for a dynamic individual to advance our global threat and vulnerability management efforts. You will help undertake the evolution of people, processes, and technology to optimize our defense and ensure Zendesk Security is truly world-class.
You will be our customer's advocate and educate development teams on key security principles and requirements. You will be part of an experienced team of security professionals whose mission is to fanatically protect our company and our customers’ data.
What you get to do:
- Build relationships and develop capabilities to consume cyber threat and vulnerability intelligence from open source, commercial, and trust group sources.
- Develop and own processes that are easy to use and which apply industry best practices to produce intelligence products about cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Provide support and advisory to technology leads and oversee remediation efforts to ensure responsible risk management.
- Manage existing and select next-gen technologies to identify threats and vulnerabilities.
- Partner and build vital relationships with other InfoSec groups and business units across the Company including Engineering, Operations, Abuse, and IT.
- Educate employees in cyber threats, vulnerabilities, and how to mitigate them.
- Evangelize Zendesk security through participating in speaking engagements and expert panels.
What you bring to the role:
- The ability to categorize, measure, and prioritize security risks, express them in the language of the business unit to make them easily digestible by system owners, and assist in their mitigation.
- Experience in analysis of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
- Experience participating in long-term, triple-constrained projects with teams that span the organization.
- Knowledge of CVE, CVSS, TAXII, STIX, CybOx and other standards for expressing and transmitting vulnerability and threat intelligence.
- Experience writing threat and vulnerability advisories, integrating cyber threat intelligence feeds into security controls, and implementing and managing vulnerability scanning tools.
- 3+ years of information security experience.
- 1+ years of directly participating in cyber defense security operations.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Help Desks, Customer Support, SaaS, Customer Community, Customer Service
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000