Software Engineer, Security Development
Work. Life. Balance.
Help us bring a little zen to the world of customer service
Zendesk is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Security Development team! The SecDev group consists of a small team of passionate engineers building and maintaining user facing features (such as authentication and product security settings) and web security features (HSTS, CSP, SRI, etc).
You will be a member of a highly visible team that is charged with protecting our customers. We work with Zendesk Product Security to evangelize secure coding and modern web security techniques. SecDev is a point of contact for other engineers with security questions, security code reviews, and security best practices.
What you get to do every day:
- Full-stack development of security critical features.
- Extract security features from a Ruby on Rails monolith into highly available fault tolerant services.
- Make architectural and security decisions, balanced by the reality of working in a SaaS environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software lifecycle.
- Identify areas of our product and infrastructure that need improvement and drive fixes to completion.
- Work with our security team on latest threats and mitigations.
- Collaborate with other engineers across the company.
What you bring to the role:
- 3+ years of software engineering experience (senior and staff level engineers are welcome too!)
- Strong understanding of common security vulnerabilities in web applications.
- In-depth knowledge of modern web security features (CSP, HSTS, SRI, CORS, etc.)
- You have a passion for understanding complex systems, debugging problems, and pushing solutions to production.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent
- Prior experience with Ruby on Rails or Ruby is a major plus.
Zendesk builds software for better customer relationships. It empowers organizations to improve customer engagement and better understand their customers. Zendesk products are easy to use and implement. They give organizations the flexibility to move quickly, focus on innovation, and scale with their growth. Based in San Francisco, Zendesk has operations in the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, and South America. Learn more at www.zendesk.com.
Individuals seeking employment at Zendesk are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Help Desks, Customer Support, SaaS, Customer Community, Customer Service
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 1,001-5000