Solutions Architect II-Security
Harness the possibilities
Technology positively affects business. At Zones, Inc. for over 30 years as a global provider of IT solutions, we’ve perfected the art of IT solutions. Our reach spans to more than 80 countries, from Seattle to Sydney, Dallas to New Delhi with partners like Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell Lenovo and more.
Join our team and you’ll build a solid career working on the cutting edge of IT sales, technology solutions, engineering, operations, logistics and more. Our careers are centered around our main areas of expertise Data Center, Mobility, Unified Communications, Cloud, Security, Software, and Internet of Things (IoT).
Do you have what IT takes?
Let’s talk, a new career – IT all starts at careers.zones.com
The Solutions Architect (SA) is a presales resource that leads the consultative discovery of the client’s business goals, objectives, and challenges, and then translates them into effective technology solutions. The primary objective of the SA is to increase the growth of advanced technology solutions revenue and margin comprised of hardware, software, and services. To drive growth, the SA will rely on a combination of joint account planning; partner teaming (internal & external); on-site client relationship building, technical discovery and business discussions; engagement/solution development; and implementation oversight and follow-up. Your primary responsibility as an SA would be to architect and sell solutions, as well as acting as a consultant and subject matter expert for clients and Zones’ sales teams with minimal supervision.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Solutions Architect II is primarily responsible for:
- Own the technical relationship with assigned major Commercial accounts
- Equip and train the Enterprise sales organization on technology solutions and how to identify opportunities
- Demonstrate strong business acumen and deep understanding of client’s IT related business goals and challenges to ensure proper translation of the client’s needs into technology solutions
- Develop and manage relationships with key Zones partners locally and regionally
- Build in-depth knowledge of clients' technical and business priorities, challenges and initiatives that can be translated into solutions opportunities
- Build value-added relationships within the domain of the account to become the trusted advisor
- Prepare statements of work (SOW’s) and advanced technology service estimates
- Ensure effective coordination and support between account teams and supporting technical resources
- Provide oversight for coordination, delivery and quality of post-sales Technology Solutions deliverables within the domain of the account which may include items such as configurations, architectural diagrams, and proposal inputs
- Responsible for developing and proposing technology solutions that meet customers' needs
- Ensure that proposed solutions (when implemented) meet the needs and functional requirements of the customer
- Sell solutions across entire technology lifecycle (assess, design, implement and manage)
- Keep pipeline, forecast, time and billing, project and activity reporting current based with defined tools and meeting submittal deadlines
- Maintain certifications necessary to enable Zones to resell the products and maintain the highest level of vendor rebates and secure the lowest cost
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, a related field or equivalent experience
- Professional-level technical and sales certification or higher is required from major manufacturers
- 4+ years in a pre-sales technical role
- 4+ years of progressive, post baccalaureate work experience
- Excellent written, presentation, and verbal communication skills including demonstrated experience presenting technology recommendations from a business perspective
- Understanding of the industry, market, customers, competitors, suppliers, partners and capabilities of the business
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients, colleagues and management
- Professional, business-focused attitude and courteous manner towards clients, partners, and peers
- Consultative problem solver ''Actively listens'' Understands the needs and business problems in order to uncover potential value points of offering
- Can multi-task, prioritize, and juggle to serve multiple clients during same time frame
- Demonstrates a high level of responsiveness to the customer, an internal Zones resources to enlist trust and build credibility
- Strong interpersonal, teaming, leadership, creativity, influencing, problem solving, and conflict resolution skills required
- Ability to travel an average of 30% of the time
Technology Focus & Requirements
5+ years of hands on experience in IT with emphasis in Network Security
Business understanding including costing, P&L and pricing
Must be fully knowledgeable and able to design, plan, and support deployment efforts around IT security solutions using one or more of the following technologies:
- Data Center Infrastructure
- Virtualization, Automation & Orchestration
- Edge and Core Security
- Mobility & End Point Management
- Unified Collaboration
At Zones, we take great pride in offering a full spectrum of comprehensive, flexible benefit programs to our employees:
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401(k) plan with matching provision
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation time
- Financial protection benefits
- Group discounts & perks
- Wellness programs
- And more
Zones is also proud to be a certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Corporate Plus member of the Northwest MSDC (Minority Supplier Development Council), and Equal Employment Opportunity Employer (EEOE) committed to diversity and inclusion. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
We offer employment and advancement opportunities to every applicant.
Come join our team. Let’s talk.
Zones is headquartered in the Seattle suburb of Auburn, Washington, with field offices, configuration labs, and logistics centers located across the United States. We also maintain a network of sales and support offices and affiliates around the world.
Our primary business is the sale of IT hardware, software and services to Fortune 500 companies and large enterprise organizations, as well as growing firms of 250 to 5,000 employees. In addition to delivering the highest level of IT expertise, quality, selection and fulfillment, we offer our clients single-source capability for the comprehensive design and implementation of even the most complex networking, infrastructure, and data center deployments.
The Zones sales organization is segmented into broad Enterprise, Mid-Market and Small-Medium Business teams, as well as targeted Healthcare, and Public Sector teams.
Our technical professionals share their systems expertise with account teams and clients in a variety of solution sales, planning, design, engineering, implementation, and support roles.
IT Solutions Provider, IT Products Provider, IT Services Provider, Internet of Things (IoT), Data Center, Mobility, Cloud, Security, Communication & Collaboration, Software
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 1,001-5000