WE’RE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
Zscaler is one of the most exciting technology companies around. Our mission is simple - it is to revolutionize Internet security through the magic of cloud computing. We are the leading, most innovative firm in a $35 billion market - security – and our passion is to bring cloud computing to Internet security just like Salesforce.com did to CRM. More than 5,000 organizations around the world are already using Zscaler - including amazing brands like General Electric, Nestle, NBC, and NATO - and more than 13 million people across more than 200 countries are protected by our systems every single day.
We are a well-funded Software as a Service company and are growing extremely fast, which means incredible career and growth opportunities for passionate and talented people that are ambitious and driven to be the best. We’ll offer you an opportunity to make a difference, and you will get to work in a fun, fast paced environment where you can excel at what you do and create.
The Security Researcher will be responsible for identifying new threats impacting Zscaler customers. You will be able to not only leverage such information to protect the customer base but also articulate their findings through blogging, media interviews and speaking engagements. You will identify emerging threats via data mining and leveraging Zscaler’s cloud based infrastructure. You must thrive on combing through millions of network logs to identify needles in a haystack – the attacks that aren’t yet known.
Responsibilities include leveraging existing Zscaler data mining tools, developing unique tools and utilizing them to automate the identification of threats. To succeed in this role, you must possess a strong technical knowledge of web-based threats, have truly impressive scripting skills and live to identify the next attack vector, no matter how deep it’s hidden. You must also have strong writing/speaking skills and be comfortable presenting their findings to internal/external audiences.
- Required 3+ years of security research experience incl. exploit kits, malware analysis, reverse engineering
- Proven track record of innovative ideas and an ability to implement them.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol and web application security.
- Strong scripting skills in Perl and Python.
- Strong writing skills and examples of past blogs, whitepapers, etc.
- Data mining experience with large security data sets such as IDS, IPS and firewall logs
- Bachelor’s or graduate degree from four-year college or university (preferably in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline), or equivalent security industry work experience.
- Experience with threats to mobile devices.
- Publication of past research and/or speaking engagements.
- Experience writing IDS/IPS signatures.
Cloud Internet Security Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) protectionData Loss Prevention SSL Inspection Next Generation Firewall Cloud Application Visibility & Control Bandwidth Management Malware Analysis and Protection Cloud Sandboxing Security Research
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 501-1000