Data Security Architect
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Data Security Architect is responsible for providing thought leadership and security-related subject matter expertise around a wide range of technologies and business initiatives related to eBay's main data platforms. Some key responsibilities include: Prepare and review secure design patterns. Research and recommend tools to help manage data platform security analysis, mitigation, process, and incident management. Develop and maintain a run book for the CTO organization to enable safe and rapid responses to data vulnerability disclosures. Provide Security mentoring and technical leadership to the data platform engineering and operations teams. Act as SME and provide L4 support and analysis during and after security events. Serve as a data security advisor to key business stakeholders, establishing trust relationships through active engagement and collaboration. Determine security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; research information security standards; conduct system security and vulnerability assessments. Collaborate with other Enterprise Security Architects and stay abreast of business and industry technologies and trends. Perform gap analysis across the organization to identify necessary improvements to security processes and procedures; work with service and application owners on mitigation strategies
- Demonstrable knowledge of Site/Platform risks - threat tactics, techniques, and procedures –and application of relevant techniques and tools, e.g. network and application penetration tests.
- Knowledge and understanding across a wide breadth of data platforms and related systems, with the ability to quickly assimilate the inter-relationships various disciplines.
- Familiarity with Big Data security issues and at least one platform such as Hadoop, Teradata, Exadata, Informatica, etc.
- Understanding of database security issues spanning relational, object oriented, NoSQL, and Big Data platforms.
- Understanding of or experience with database access monitor (DAM) products such as Imperva, Guardium, etc.
- Understanding of web application security concepts and controls, including injection threats.
- Understanding of or experience with data discovery tools
- Knowledge of data security vulnerabilities, threats, exposures, as well as associated risk and mitigating solutions.
- Experience working across company lines to partner with vendors, industry consortia, standards bodies, and associations.
- Demonstrated experience in producing consumable reports or presentations for technical and leadership audiences.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to parse requirements and relate them to appropriate security controls.
- Ability to interact with personnel at all levels and across all business units and organizations, and to comprehend complex business initiatives.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success.
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We believe in creating more economic opportunity for all. We call this Connected Commerce.™
We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
e-commerce, retail, internet
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+