L3 Security Engineer, CSIRT
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
Working with the eBay Computer Security Incident Response Team (CSIRT) you will have the opportunity to build innovative solutions to identify and mitigate information-security threats. You will work independently to creatively solve complex security problems in a heterogeneous environment. You will help us to expand our threat intelligence research platform: expanding raw intelligence sources, providing deep-web research, and crunching data to understand the current threat landscape.
To be successful in this position, you should be experienced with:
- Offensive Techniques – Penetration testing, IOCs, and exploits at all layers of the stack.
- Logs – Understanding logs in various formats to recreate incidents.
- Communication – Explaining complex security topics to the layperson.
- System Forensics – Basic understanding of image acquisition techniques, memory forensics, and the like.
- Networking Fundamentals - TCP/IP, basic L7 protocols, and Wireshark/TCPDump
- Scripting – We like to automate the boring stuff.
- Collaboration – Working cross-functionally to drive projects to completion.
You should also be curious about:
- Big Data – Hadoop and data-science. Lots of data to understand and use to build intelligence.
- Reverse Engineering – Static and dynamic analysis techniques.
- Risk Analysis – Taking a vulnerability in a particular environment and understanding the practical associated risk.
- Incident Response – Getting people to do the right thing in the middle of a fire-fight.
At eBay, your work makes a difference. We believe that we can build a better form of commerce that is enabled by people, supported by technology, and open to everyone – creating more opportunity for all.
View our accessibility info
We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success.
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We believe in creating more economic opportunity for all. We call this Connected Commerce.™
We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
e-commerce, retail, internet
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+