Lead Application Security Engineer
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
This position is a senior individual contributor role in eBay’s Application Security team. The team delivers application security frameworks and solutions for eBay. We are developing security software for eBay’s Cloud, and providing the next generation of real time Application security software to protect the eBay site from attacks. The position requires good understanding of architecture, design and coding in multiple application security platforms and framework functions. Successful candidates will be familiar with delivering application security solutions and providing technical guidance to an Application Security engineering team.
- Strong understanding of application security patterns including web application security (SQL Injection, XSS, CSRF, platform hardening), and mobile security (device fingerprinting, Mobile authentication and key exchange) strategies.
- Expertise in Java programming implementing large scale, high availability, fault-tolerant web infrastructure, with clear concepts of concurrency in Java, Java security APIs, features and performance.
- Strong software engineering background with implementation expertise using various technology stacks.
- Expertise in developing and implementing one or more of the following: Identity and Access Management, SSO, SAML, Open ID, OAuth2 or 2FA technologies.
- 8+ years of large scale, full life cycle development experience (if Masters in Engineering) or 10+ years (if Bachelors in Engineering), preferably 3+ years as a lead engineer.
- Strong knowledge of industry trends in security technology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a high-pressured environment and crisis situation.
- Ability to multi-task multiple projects at once and drive for results independently.
- Ability to be a lead Application Security engineer in an Individual Contributor role providing technical guidance to a team of highly skilled Application Security engineers
View our accessibility info
We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success.
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We believe in creating more economic opportunity for all. We call this Connected Commerce.™
We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
e-commerce, retail, internet
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+