Mobile Security Engineer
Looking for a company that inspires passion, courage and imagination, where you can be part of the team shaping the future of global commerce? Want to shape how millions of people buy, sell, connect, and share around the world? If you’re interested in joining a purpose driven community that is dedicated to creating an ambitious and inclusive workplace, join eBay – a company you can be proud to be a part of.
The Mobile Security Engineer role will work within our security architecture team to ensure secure and timely delivery of eBay's mobile products and infrastructure. This is not a pure developer role, however will heavily influence the development teams and processes within eBay, and will handle periodic code review and consultation where necessary.
This position will work in the Cloud and Mobile Security Architecture team within the eBay GIS organization. This is a mid-level, hands-on engineering role, helping to deliver secure products and technologies within eBay’s mobile portfolio. This individual will work closely with our Mobile Security Architect, as well as application and infrastructure development teams. This role does not develop the applications directly, however will work closely with these other groups.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science/Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience
- 8+ years of experience in designing, implementing, testing and deploying software applications, with focus on performance, scalability and security
- Experience in application security, network security, secure code analysis, cryptography and system security
- Current, hands-on experience in one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to : C/C++, Java, Objective C, Python
- Experience in secure coding techniques and source code analysis - ability to find security vulnerabilities in code, such as buffer overflows, integer overruns, etc.
- Good understanding of Mobile Platform Security - Android or iOS
- Ability to work independently and lead projects - from requirements analysis of features to release, and subsequent maintenance and support of these features
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with static analysis tools, such as Klocwork, Coverity, Fortify, Lint, Checkmarx, etc., a big plus
- Good understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Knowledge of OAuth and Mobile API design
- Knowledge of Secure Execution Environment (Trust Zone is preferable)
- Knowledge of Secure Storage on Mobile devices (Keystore (Android), Keychain (iOS))
- Knowledge of secure protocols (SSL/TLS, SCP, CMS, X509)
- Knowledge of secure hardware (Smartcard/HSM)
- Ability to pick up new programming languages, such as Swift and Go
- Flexibility in moving to unfamiliar/new technologies
We give sellers the platform, solutions, and support they need to grow their businesses and thrive. We measure our success by our customers' success.
Our vision for commerce is one that is enabled by people, powered by technology, and open to everyone. We believe in creating more economic opportunity for all. We call this Connected Commerce.™
We also reach millions through specialized marketplaces such as StubHub, the world's largest ticket marketplace, and eBay classifieds sites, which together have a presence in more than 1,000 cities around the world.
e-commerce, retail, internet
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 10,001+