Cyber Security Engineer
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking highly skilled Cybersecurity Engineers to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC) and its 24x7 SOC mission.
- Ensure the rigorous application of cybersecurity policies, principles, and practices in the delivery of all IT and cybersecurity services.
- Develop/design security solutions to maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of information throughout the enterprise.
- Identify, plan, and document improvements to security controls currently in place.
- Develop and document recommendations and courses of action to address complex cybersecurity problems.
- Develop and interpret cybersecurity requirements as part of the IT acquisition development process; assist in the development of cybersecurity/IT budgets.
- Plan/schedule the installation of new or modified security hardware, operating systems, and software applications.
- Support the assessment and implementation of identified computer and network environment fixes (e.g. system/vulnerability patches) as part of the Cybersecurity Vulnerability Management program.
- Prioritize competing requirements and tasks, and manages long-term and short-term obligations.
- Coordinate effort to develop cybersecurity documentation, concept papers, and test plans required by Command policies and the Risk Management Framework.
- Provide engineering guidance to junior cybersecurity engineers.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical staff supporting all customer SOC functions; participate in formal technical briefing and proposals.
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of DoD cybersecurity policies and Risk Management Framework
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of DoD and/or IC engineering efforts, across multiple engineering disciplines
- Bachelor degree in an Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related discipline
- Minimum of 15 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communications and technical writing skills
- Certifications (e.g. CISSP) to meet DOD 8140/8570 IAM Level II
- Active TS with SCI and Poly eligibility
WORK SCHEDULE: All Shifts
WORK LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: TS with SCI with Poly
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
Cybersecurity, Cyber Operations, Cyber Analysis, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Incident Response, Information Assurance, Forensic Media Analysis, Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering, Cyber Intelligence, Information Technology, Security Architecture
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 11 - 50