Cyber Security Operations Center (CSOC) Watch Officer
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking a highly skilled cyber security operations analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.This position will be located in Arlington, Virginia supporting the National Coordinating Center for Communications (NCCIC) 24x7 Watch Floor
- Support the development of staff schedules and staffing forecasts for approval.
- Ensure shift members follow the appropriate incident escalation and reporting procedures.
- Provides support promptly and efficiently through front-line telephone and email communications.
- Ingest, triage, prioritize, assign, track, document, and manage incidents and results
- Provide technical support in response to computer security incidents
- Correlate, map, and fuse any and all incident information for the development and distribution of cyber alerts and notices, or other products as required
- Document technical details of current or potential intruder threats consistent with NIST 800-61: Computer Security Incident Handling Guide. Must be flexible and able to work within a 24X7X365 support environment.
- Manage information, requests, that may be considered out of the scope of the incident management service and route appropriately
- Coordinate, communicate, share information, and work closely with DHS components
- Assist with developing and maintaining Standard Operating Procedures
- The person filling this role may attend meetings and discussions, interface with industry or outside agencies for the purpose of taking notes and doing assessments.
- A Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required for the level 3 role.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI is required.
- In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
- Experience implementing technical specifications, system requirements and other related application design information.
- Possession and demonstrated application of relevant certifications:
Core: MCSE, CCNA, CCNP, ISC, CAP
Related: CISSP, CISM, ISC, ISSMP, CompTIA, SANs GIAC, PMP
WORK SCHEDULE: 1st Shift
WORK LOCATION: Arlington, Virginia
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Active Top Secret/SSBI; eligible for SCI and DHS EOD
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
Cybersecurity, Cyber Operations, Cyber Analysis, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Incident Response, Information Assurance, Forensic Media Analysis, Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering, Cyber Intelligence, Information Technology, Security Architecture
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 11 - 50