Cyber Space Operations Engineer
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking highly skilled Cyberspace Operations Engineers to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC) and its 24x7 SOC mission.
- Research and analyze cybersecurity capabilities (and technical reports) to address data protection requirements.
- Evaluate various security-related products against operational requirements and assist with the implementation of security solutions.
- Research, develop requirements, evaluate/test, and implements new or modified information security software or devices/systems.
- Design, develop, and/or implement security oriented solutions to ensure they are consistent with Federal/DoD enterprise architecture security policies.
- Provide planning, policy, requirements, and integration support for cyber capabilities and identify opportunities for mission enhancement.
- Research, design/develop, and implement proof of concept data protection solutions to address vulnerabilities and assists in focused, market research regarding technology trends and/or potential solutions to address specific requirements.
- Assess operational risks and issues; develop course of action and mitigation strategies, and mediate/coordinate activities supporting these actions.
- Assist in the evaluation of Industry offerings to identify products and technologies that may support security design.
- Communicate and collaborate with technical staff supporting all customer SOC functions; participate in formal technical briefing and proposals.
- Advanced telecommunications knowledge of DoD network designs and operations
- Working knowledge with security technologies such as IDS, IPS, and HBSS
- Working knowledge of DODIN operations, US cyberspace operations community architecture and potential defensive capabilities to countering cyber threats
- Bachelor degree in an Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Cybersecurity or related discipline
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communications and technical writing skills
- Certifications (e.g. CISSP) to meet DOD 8140/8570 IAM Level III
- Active TS with SCI and Poly eligibility
WORK SCHEDULE: All Shifts
WORK LOCATION: Annapolis Junction, MD
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: TS with SCI with Poly
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
Cybersecurity, Cyber Operations, Cyber Analysis, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Incident Response, Information Assurance, Forensic Media Analysis, Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering, Cyber Intelligence, Information Technology, Security Architecture
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 11 - 50