Exercise Planner - Cyber Security
OVERVIEW: phia LLC is seeking skilled Cyber Security Exercise Planners to support a large Federal Security Operations Center (SOC) and its 24x7 SOC mission.
Be the primary contractor lead to assist in the development of an integrated National Coordinating Center (NCC) Continuity and Emergency Management test, training, and exercise program validating the continuity and Emergency Support Function #2 /Communications plans and procedures at the National, Regional, State, Local, Tribal and Territorial levels that aligns with the Homeland Security Exercise and Evaluation Program (HSEEP) guidance.
Be responsible for the development of exercise materials to include: realistic scenarios, Master Scenario Event Lists, Exercise Plans, Evaluation Plans, Exercise Evaluation Guides, and After Action Reports.
Be able to facilitate and/or evaluate Table-Top Exercises (TTX), Functional Exercises (FE) and Full-Scale Exercises (FSE) activities to identify and track corrective actions, and update respective plans and procedures based on lessons learned activities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment, or as a single resource with limited supervision.
- Must possess excellent communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to communicate in a variety of formats.
- Must be able to maintain professional interpersonal skills, including effective listening, and non-verbal communication skills.
- Must adhere to acceptable standards of business ethics and integrity, and comply with all federal, state and local laws, rules, and regulations in all duties.
- Strong computer literacy to include proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and Outlook.
- Ability to deploy and support Continuity of Operations (COOP) activities as required
- Desired Disciplines - Emergency Response, Homeland Defense/Security and/or Response in a Catastrophic Emergencies
- A combination of a Bachelor’s degree and multiple years of experience
- Familiarity with planning, directing, and managing projects/operations in a 24x7 SOC
- TOP SECRET with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s in an IT related field of study
- Knowledge of the Department of Homeland Security Cyber operations enterprise and its major stakeholders
- Cybersecurity certifications (CISSP, CEH, Security +, etc)
- HSEEP certification
Proven ability to translate requirements and observations into clearly defined written products (briefings, reports, White Papers) in short time frames.
- Knowledge of emergency preparedness procedures, policies, and directives for the federal continuity of operations, business continuity planning, and continuity of government and enduring constitutional government programs.
- Possess a strong background in a telecommunications discipline, knowledge of cybersecurity and IT security is a plus
- Experience with the National Incident Management System (NIMS) in the management of incidents and National Response Framework in providing the structure and mechanisms for national-level policy for incident management.
- Knowledgeable on the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) and Emergency Support Functions (ESFs) mission and objectives.
WORK SCHEDULE: Core business hours, Monday-Friday
WORK LOCATION: McLean, VA and/or Arlington, VA
TELEWORK ELIGIBILITY: N/A
SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: TS with SCI eligibility
phia LLC ("phia") is a Northern Virginia based, 8a certified small business established in 2011 with focus in Cyber Intelligence, Cyber Security/Defense, Intrusion Analysis & Incident Response, Cyber Architecture & Capability Analysis, Cyber Policy & Strategy, Information Assurance/Security, Compliance, Certification & Accreditation, Communications Security, Traditional Security, and Facilities Security. phia also provides cyber operations support functions such as: Program and Process Management, Engineering, Development, and Systems Administration that allows for Cyber Operations to efficiently integrate our customer’s missions and objectives. phia supports various agencies and offices within the Department of Defense (DoD), Federal government, and private/commercial entities.
phia offers excellent benefits to enhance the work-life balance, these include the following:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- 401k Retirement Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition and Professional Development Assistance
Cybersecurity, Cyber Operations, Cyber Analysis, Intrusion Detection/Prevention, Incident Response, Information Assurance, Forensic Media Analysis, Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering, Cyber Intelligence, Information Technology, Security Architecture
Company Type: Privately Held
Company Size: 11 - 50