Cyber Software Engineer/Developer
End-to-end design, development and standard developer testing, providing pertinent documentation, toolchain/helper tool development, use of debuggers, disassemblers and other diagnostic software, participating in design meetings, and providing assistance to other developers as well as other duties as needed.
We are looking for candidates with a combination of a number of the following skills:
Programming skills including:
- C/C++ in Windows (Win32 or Native API) and/or POSIX (Linux, OS X)
- x86/x86_64 assembly language
- Python and XML
- Loadable kernel modules (LKM)
- POSIX to maintain compatibility between operating systems
- GCC and cross compilation
- Executable and Linkable Format (ELF)
- Disassemblers such as Interactive Disassembler (IDA Pro) for hostile code analysis, vulnerability research, COTS validation, and/or privacy protection.
Debugging skills including:
- Unix applications and kernel mode code
- Assembly based debugging of user space software
Source code version control including:
Software security technologies and how they operate and protect software from an attacker including:
- Address Space Layout Randomization (ASLR)
- Data Execution Prevention (DEP)
- Structured Exception Handler Overwrite Protection (SEHOP)
- Mandatory Integrity Control (MIC)
The successful candidates must be currently eligible for an active DoD TS/SCI clearance and will have developed in C/C++ and/or x86 and x86_64 assembly on a variety of platforms including Windows, Linux, OS X and Mac OS.
No attachments will be accepted. Please email content of resume, references, work samples and preferred location (if applicable) by clicking on "Apply"
root9B’s workforce consists of US military and Law Enforcement veterans with extensive experience providing advanced technology solutions. root9B offers world class cyber training capabilities, consulting services, and test range operations. root9B personnel understand the full spectrum of kinetic and non-kinetic effects and their impact to offensive and defensive cyber operations. We develop tactics, techniques, and procedures to advance operations through the use of cyberspace.
Vulnerability Assessments, Computer Network Operations, Computer & Mobile Forensics, Mobile Cyber Protection, Cyber Exercise, Curriculum, & Tool Development, SCADA Security Operations, Malware Analysis & Reverse Engineering, Data Breach Prevention & Remediation
Company Type: Public Company
Company Size: 11 - 50